R1: Hired Hands (nimisgod judging)

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan looks over the map"Ah, I wonder where they have been hiding out inbetween jobs, I cave perhaps? I doubt they'ed camp out in the open for too long"

Roger

First Post
"I think we're agreed on the basic plan, then. Perhaps we should travel to Allimon and make any last-minute adjustments there."

LogicsFate

First Post
Clapping his hands together "Good, It's still early so we could gather up anything we would need, get some breakfast a few door's down and head out well before noon" Looking at the map "Why, it'd only take us a few... Hmm, I'm no good with these things, how long of a trip are we looking at?"

Patlin

Explorer
Does our employer react at all to any of this speculation and planning? Tor, generally in agreement with the forming plan, gives her a questioning look before speaking further.

IcyCool

First Post
"A search seems like a reasonable place to start." Gideon says, nodding his head in agreement.

"It looks like Allimon is a hard-day's ride from here, and another half a day to the middle of the three attacks. We'll need transportation." He looks around at his fellow adventurers. "How many of us have horses? I know I don't, and if we are to make reasonable time we shouldn't walk." Gideon looks for a show of hands to his horse question.

Seeing that at least some of the group has no four-legged transport, he furrows his brow for a moment and then says, "We could see about hitching a ride with any Allimon or west bound caravans leaving Orussus."

Roger

First Post
"Ms. LeCroix, as we've agreed to take on your mission, perhaps you could forward us some or all of the 100 gold as a retainer and down-payment? It would be in the best interests of the Guild if their employees could ride to the site of the attacks as soon as possible."

Kerrz

First Post
Kerrz starts at the question from Gideon, saying, "Oh, yes. I don't have a horse. It will be rather difficult to get there without one. Perhaps we can rent horses, I see no reason to buy a mangy animal that I may have no use of after this job. Perhaps we can ask our beloved hostess to foot the bill for that. Rental fees should not be quite so steep. If I am going to purchase a horse, I would rather do it on my own time than deal with it for this job. For an investment like that, alot of time must be taken to make the right choice, and we, my friends, have not a lot of time to sort out this banditry before they strike again."

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the delay, ended up spending yesterday morning in the ER and the rest of the day under the influence of narcotics. Kidney stones are NOT fun.

Simone watches interaction with no small degree of interest. When the basic plan is decided upon, she discloses some more information. "The land around Ravensdale is mostly rolling hills and plains, with a few medium sized copses of trees. Allimon is not a bad starting point, either. Although they refused to work with us on a joint investigation, the Wizards' and Priests' Councils are conducting their own, seperate investigation. You may be able to learn something from the City Guard who are providing most of the manpower for their effort."

As she finishes that, she pulls up a medium sized pouch which jingles slightly when she sets it on the table. "I am authorized to pay you half of the base salary at this time. You will receive the rest when you make your report to the Council in Ravensdale. We would like a report in ten days. When you arrive at Ravensdale, ask one of the gate guards for directions to the Council House. The receptionist at the Council House will have your names and will be expecting you." She places 10 stacks of 25 gold coins each on the table as she relates this to you. At the end, she grabs the pouch stands up, and prepares to leave. "If you have no further questions, I will leave you to your task. I look forward to seeing you again in ten days."

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan slides two stack towards him and starts doing minor trick simililar to shuffling the gold "I can not recall ever seeing a place to rent a horse, how much does it cost? That would be preferable to buying, even adding this to my current wealth puts me far from buying anything... ridable"

"Maybe a three legged horse or one with the burning death" chuckle

Roger

First Post
"Have a little faith, Valan. Surely we have enough, jointly, to buy a wagon and a couple of draft horses. That will get us there, and prove useful if we need to disguise ourself as a small merchant wagon. We can sell it off once we no longer need it."

Remove ads