R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble thinks a moment, then sheathes his dagger and takes out his crossbow and loads it with a regular (nonsilvered) bolt. "I think I'm better with this."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

As they're moving back down the tunnel to the 6-exit chamber, Fimble whispers, "We should probably watch our backs extra carefully now. Anybody could come to the other side of that gate with a key, and we'd be caught by surprise from behind." The little gnome frowns, then to Tor he says, "Actually, you and Gideon were talking to me about tactics the other day: these gated tunnels would be an excellent way to corner or pincer someone... or get cornered." Fimble is now paying more attention to behind the group than in front, figuring that Tor has it handled up front.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor nods at Gideon's compliment to Fimble. It's good to keep such things in mind. The coppery skinned fighting man wonders, however, how much a pincer movement would help the enemy, given the lack of organization in the adventuring group as a whole. Finding a way to exploit a weakness in the party's formation would more or less require the party to have an organized formation. Something the group might work on for the future, he supposed.

Dungannon

First Post
Tor leads the way back to the small chamber and heads off down the southwest tunnel. He soon finds himself facing yet another locked gate. Further exploration reveals the same thing down all the remaining tunnels.

Heckler

First Post
"Maybe we need to take a closer look at this chamber," Babette muses. She'll search the chamber then cast Detect Magic and check the chamber (including floor and ceiling) for dweomers.

Search +2

[sblock=Spells]
0th - 6 l
1st - 5
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

"Well crumblemuffins." Fimble thinks a moment. "Can't get through these gates on this side, can we... it's the locks that we've been breaking, not the bars, so... I suppose that means back to that huge chamber, then? Let's go left, or... what is that, west? Because we technically broke the right hand rule coming this way in the first place. We came in the north entrance of that large chamber, so now let's try the west one. Agreed?"

Remove ads