R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Patlin

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I suppose that means back to that huge chamber, then? Let's go left, or... what is that, west? Because we technically broke the right hand rule coming this way in the first place. We came in the north entrance of that large chamber, so now let's try the west one. Agreed?"

"All right, and if our path leads us back this way we'll break more gates."

Back tracking to the passage from which they originally entered the huge chamber, the group turns around, re-enters the chamber, and heads to the right.

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: you entered the main chamber from the East. Following the right hand rule would mean entering the North tunnel, not the West tunnel. Is that what you want to do?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Ah, I was under the impression that we entered the main chamber from the North. Let's go West, and then follow the right hand rule from there until we come back to the main chamber.

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon grumbles in frustration at their paths being blocked, but doesn't say anything. He continues to trudge along with his companions. As the time stretches on while they wander in the muck, his thoughts on what he plans to do to Otto and Drezel grow more and more creatively violent.

Dungannon

First Post
Tor leads the way down the western tunnel where they once again take up the "right-hand rule". Nothing branches off to the right for a while, at least nothing big enough for them to fit into. Finally a sizable tunnel branches off and Tor leads the way down. He soon finds himself staring at a ladder leading up to another surface entrance.

Dungannon

First Post
Tor climbs up the ladder only to find the top covered by a grate. The lock on this one is still very much intact, however, so Tor cannot open it.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimbus says, "By Antonidas, every turn is another locked gate! Well, we know one thing for sure: Whoever has the keys to all these might as well have a key to the city. They could go from one end of the city to the other completely unnoticed, and I'm sure some of these lead up into places where people aren't supposed to go. And I think it would be relatively easy to burrow upwards, these sewers are not far beneath the surface." Fimble ponders a moment more, then "Correct me if I'm wrong, but most nobles' houses have direct links to the sewers, yes? That's a privilege of being wealthy. I wonder if it's a blessing and a curse... That these sewers have no blueprints or maps of any kind worries me as well. They could lead... well, anywhere."

Fimble suggests that they treat the gate as another dead end and move on. He tries to locate approximately what portion of the city the group is in now.

Dungannon

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Fimble suggests that they treat the gate as another dead end and move on. He tries to locate approximately what portion of the city the group is in now.
Fimble recalls that they headed west for a while, then turned north. That would place them in the area of the more opulant homes and some of the smaller warehouses. Fimble remembers seeing a sewer entrance somewhere in the area, but can't remember exactly where on the surface it is.

ooc: I can't remember, does any of the party members still have a copy of the map that shows the sewer entrances that you got from the Council House? I think Babette & somebody else got one but can't quite recall.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I believe Babette has it on her person, because when Fimble asked "Who has that map with all the entrances on it?" Babette answered, "The only thing special about any of the entrances is this one, which is very near Black Wing headquarters." and Heckler OOC'd: "You can view the map in post 375 in a Tor/Babette sblock."

The map is here

Remove ads