• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Patlin

Explorer
OOC: This is getting pointless... well, we'll keep trying, anyway.

Tor reaches down and grabs his chain, chasing after Drezel as best he can. The rat is as fast as he is, so he can't catch him without help.

"Someone stop that man! Slow him down, get in his way!"

Maybe if some good citizen helps, Tor can catch him.

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon does his best to cut a horse free so that he can ride after Drezel.

When he hears Tor shout, he'll shout in return without looking up, "Tor! Horses!"

OOC: If they become relevant, Gideon's Handle Animal and Ride skills are both at +1, and both are untrained.

Dungannon

First Post
round 13 cont.

Tor takes off in pursuit of the fleeing wererat, pausing only long enough to pick his chain up off the ground.

Metrius begins cutting the harness off one of the lead horses over the meek protests of the carriage driver. The horse, not used to such treatment, begins to act up. It only takes a few seconds to get the horse free but, not being trained in the art of dealing with animals, he can't get the horse still enough to mount it.

Fimble, knowing he's not fast enough to catch Drezel nor good enough with animals to help Metrius, heads to the carriage to look for something else that might be of use.

Babette joins Tor in trying to chase down Drezel.

roadfight22.jpg

end round 13
Handle Animal is a Trained Only skill, so Metrius will have to wait a round or so for the animal to calm down on its own.

Dungannon

First Post
round 14 cont.

Tor swings his chain at Drezel's feet once more, and once more Drezel is forced to dance out of the way. He doesn't even attempt to take the chain away from Tor this time, just keeps on moving.

Metrius reaches the carriage and tries to open the trunk in the rear luggage rack, but finds it locked.

ooc: Drezel's opposing Dex check = (26 - 4) 22, counter trip attempt = -3. I forgot to type in the -4 size penalty before I hit submit on IC, so I subtracted it manually. If you want me to redo it, I will.

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon clenches his teeth in frustration, and does his best to sooth the frightened animal. He glares at the carriage driver when he starts to protest, but an idea suddenly comes to him.

"Assist me in calming this beast," he says forcefully, "And your harboring of dangerous criminals may go overlooked by the council." He prepares to hurl another threat at the carriage driver, but good sense wins out over reptilian anger and he adds a simple, though quieter, "Please. He murdered a young man in town. Help me catch him."

OOC: Gideon will have to wait for the animal to calm down (or the carriage driver to help), and then will do his best to pursue.

Remove ads