R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Heckler

First Post
Babette round 3

If b6 is still standing on Babette's action she will attempt to Daze him.

If b6 is down she will advance 30' and attempt to Daze b5.

Daze will save DC 13.

NOTE: Grease has a duration of 1 round and will disappear on my action in round 3.

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Fimble, you now have one of the badguys standing in the street in front of you. He doesn't appear to have noticed you yet, but it's only a matter of time. Do you wish to alter your actions or stick with your original post?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

OOC: I'm not quite clear on where Fimble is right now, but if I understand correctly, he's hidden in a doorway and the bad guy is right in front of him? If that's the case, then since silent image is already cast, Fimble will dramatically emerge from the shadows and have the adventurers appear behind the bandit, one with an arrow pointed toward his back.

In case the illusion utterly fails, Fimble will drop concentration and cast color spray.

wmasters

First Post
If he's still standing Metrius will charge b6 with a mighty swing from his mace (Attack: 1d20+2, Damage: 1d8+2).

If b6 isn't standing by his turn, Metrius will scan to see if any of their enemies may still be alive, and if so will run to one of them and cast cure minor wounds (dropping Light).

Dungannon

First Post
The last living bad guy in the alley regains his feet and slowly retreats through the greased area, ending up next to his partner across the street.

Metrius sees his opponent escape his range so he heads towards the group Tor left lying in the hopes of finding one still clinging to life.

Fimble casts his next spell from the concealment of a doorway, then steps out boldly into the street and takes a few strides toward the thugs. A quintet of armed men materialize behind him as the gnome calls out. "In the name of Azwan, I should strike you treacherous cowards down this very moment. However, Azwan refuses to stoop to your level, so I shall give you a chance to surrender. You are clearly outnumbered, now place your weapons on the ground and stand down!"

Tor turns from the fallen bodies at his feet and makes his way to Gideon's side.

Gideon quietly mutters the words to a spell, imbuing him with an uncanny insight as to where to aim his next attack.

Babette, still outraged at having been shot, moves up past her more militant companions to the entrance of the alley. She barks out the words to an incantation and points to the hood in front of her. A blank look immediately settles on the man's face and his crossbow drops from his hands.

The last badguy, seeing his partner's reaction to Babette, turns and hightails it down the opposite alley away from the companions.
Code:
__       _
  |x |  |
  |x |x |
  |  |  |
  |  |M |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |G |T |
  |x |  |
__|  |B |_
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
F_|  |b6|_
[sblock=crunchy bits: ]Badguy #6 Balance check = 23

Metrius couldn't charge Badguy #6 because of the greased area and couldn't quite reach the fallen badguys on the Eastern end of the alley.

I didn't move Babette her full movement to avoid closing to melee with the badguys.[/sblock]

wmasters

First Post
Metrius will step to the fallen men, and give a quick inspection to see if any of them are breathing. If he finds that any of them are, he will apply a cure minor wounds (dropping Light) to ensure that they do not die, and can be questioned.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble curses under his breath as the bandit flees. In an attempt actually effectively use his spells, he calls out, "Halt! Halt or I shall call upon Azwan to strike you down!" With a flick of his wrist he causes two illusory "walls of force" to appear 10' in front of and 5' behind the bandit, and then makes a spirit-like warrior emerge from the farther wall.

Dungannon

First Post
The last attacker standing continues to stare into space, as if he's not aware of where he is.

Metrius makes his way to the fallen bad guys at the other end of the alley and finds one of them still clinging to life. The cleric utters a prayer to Ulura and stabilizes the thug for later questioning.

Fimble strides to the alley entrance that the last hoodlum fled down, thoughts of stopping him with another illusion in his head, but he discovers that this alley is shorter than the other and the assailant has disappeared down yet another street.

ooc: Fimble can make a different action as all he's done is move to this point. Tor, Gideon & Babette still need to declare their actions as well.

Dungannon

First Post
Tor moves up to the dazed rogue and attempts to take him down with his chain. Wanting to keep the man alive forces the warrior to alter his attacking style, something Tor isn't used to. As a result the strike misses its target.
Code:
__       _
  |x |  |
  |x |x |
  |  |M |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |
  |  |  |