R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
Fimble fires another bolt at the last rat, sinking it deep into its vital organs. The gnome then turns and heads toward Tor, reloading his crossbow on the way.

Gideon, seeing the last rat expire in front of him, turns to join the gnome in heading toward Drezel and Otto.

The two rogues, seeing the last of the rats finally eliminated and the fallen companions returned to consciousness, start backing away. "You think you've won? Think again, fools," calls the gnome as they head for the tunnel they came from.

With Babette returned to health, Metrius takes up his mace again and starts to pursue the enemy.

Tor takes a step back and fires his bow at Otto before he gets too far away, the arrow sticking into the man's shoulder. Tor begins to put his bow away.

Babette begins to rush forward toward her companions, but carelessly loses her footing in the slime and finds herself on her knees after only a few feet.

end of round 13

sewercombatmap16.jpg

[sblock=crunchystuff: ]
Fimble crossbow attack on rat #12 = 24, crit confirmation = 20 (confirmed), damage = 10
Tor longbow attack on Otto = 15, damage = 6
Babette Balance check = 11
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons III (Fimble McGee)

Fimble is surprised and pleased when his bolt takes out the last rat. He pumps his fist in celebration, then turns his sights on the humanoids. Feeling epic, he swings the crossbow under and around, points it at Otto, and fires. He doesn't realize that his cloak is caught in the firing mechanism until he triggers
(1d20+4-1=4, 1d6=6)
it. The bolt tears the fabric, but gets jammed and goes nowhere, and now Fimbus Gimmons' regal blue cloak, covered with... muck... is twisted around his neck. He swears several times while he tries to repair the damage he's done.

OOC: Natural 1. Don't know if there's such a thing as critical failures, or if that was just a house rule I played with? Also, thanks for the crit, DM, though technically I rolled for myself already, I think. =P

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon carefully makes his way up to Tor, sheathing his sword and helping up any of his comrades that fall in the muck in front of him.

Dungannon

First Post
Fimble, excited about taking out the last rat, fires a bolt at Otto, with much less impressive results.

Gideon momentarily sheaths his sword and makes his way up to Tor's side.

Drezel turns and makes for the entrance heedless to the trecherous nature of the water. Otto follows his boss, actually moving ahead of him due to his longer stride.

Metrius considers rushing forward, but doesn't trust his balance. He moves closer to Tor cautiously.

Tor continues to fire his bow at the retreating enemy, missing high this time.

Babette picks herself up out of the goo and retrieves her crossbow.

end of round 14

sewercombatmap17.jpg

[sblock=crunchystuff: ]
Fimble crossbow attack on Otto = 4
Drezel Balance check = 18
Otto Balance check = 19
Tor longbow shot = 10
[/sblock]

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon, his breathing heavy, nods at their retreating foe. "I think you scared the hell out of them Tor. Don't worry, we'll catch them, and make them pay dearly."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble grunts and tears his cloak as he frees it from the contraptions in his weapon. With a little squeal of triumph, he fires the crossbow again. This time, a small piece of fabric rips out of the mechanism, ruining the trajectory (1d20+4-1=5, 1d6=5) of the bolt yet again. Fimble curses again, but he thinks that all the cloth is free now.

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:
Gideon, his breathing heavy, nods at their retreating foe. "I think you scared the hell out of them Tor. Don't worry, we'll catch them, and make them pay dearly."

"Yes we will...but not today, my friend. We're too wounded, and if they aren't trying to lead us into a trap I've lost all instinct for such things. I don't trust the floor in front of us, and they may have more rats for another ambush. For now, we let them run."

Remove ads