• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Race Elimination Round 1!

What is your Least Favourite Race?

• Dragonborn

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eladrin

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Elf

• Half-elf

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Halfling

• Human

• Tiefling

• Deva

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Gnome

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Goliath

• Half-orc

• Shifter (Longtooth)

• Shifter (Razorclaw)

• Bladeling

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Bugbear

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Bullywug

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Changeling

• Drow

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Duergar

• Genasi

• Githyanki

• Githzerai

• Gnoll

• Goblin

• Hobgoblin

• Kalashtar

• Kenku

• Kobold

• Minotaur

• Orc

• Revenant

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Shadar-Kai

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Warforged

• Wilden

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Poll closed .

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
true enough but i typically end up on the dm side of things. as a dm i find it very hard to make eaither dragon born or shifters as interesting as say the eladrin ,dwarves and im particularly fond of halflings as far as story telling goes. if you have any cool ideas to spice up the dragonborn or shifers into a more culturally interesting race i would love to hear it.

The most interesting take on Dragonborn I seen was one in where somebody had them as shifters and the hereditary nobility. Most of the time they looked human enough...but to invoke their draconic powers they shift. The idea is Dragons shape shifted and lived amongst humans and dragonborn are there offspring... there culture could even be very chinese / vietnamese if you want a historic legendary basis....

Eladrin I like but not the blink dog power... if they have a gift at finding the fey paths..that is fine... but the power often just feels too blinky.. not walking between... enough.

Theroc

First Post
like i cant decide on what dragonborn architecture or art would be like that kind of thing what are products a dragonborn empire might trade with their allies. i guess its just a symptom of being a newer race though.

Living 4th here on Enworld has the "Kingdom of Jade" or something to that effect, which is a very 'Oriental' feel, where the Dragonborn were something akin to a regimented honour-guard until their 'masters' were deemed corrupt and overthrown. Now the Dragonborn are the ruling caste in that particular culture.

~shrug~ It really depends whether you stick with the fluff given in the PHB, or branch off. Granted, I cannot vouch for anything outside the PHB or PHB2, so maybe the Dragonborn got more fluff elsewhere.

lexoanvil

First Post
The most interesting take on Dragonborn I seen was one in where somebody had them as shifters and the hereditary nobility. Most of the time they looked human enough...but to invoke their draconic powers they shift. The idea is Dragons shape shifted and lived amongst humans and dragonborn are there offspring... there culture could even be very chinese / vietnamese if you want a historic legendary basis....

Eladrin I like but not the blink dog power... if they have a gift at finding the fey paths..that is fine... but the power often just feels too blinky.. not walking between... enough.
hmmmm dragon born culture like the far east........i kind of dig that i might have to steal it for my world building project. i can see the dragon born in silk robes and bamboo forests surrounding their citys.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Shifters for some reason connected with the Gypsies for me... the werewolf and curses and such really brings them together... so we get wanderers and witches and outcasts accused of thievery, but connected to nature in very basic ways... all the while reveling in joyous music and bright colorful clothing with duels being common but not normally deadly duels just like wolf prove yourself duels. Moonlight parties. More joy than angst.

Stalker0

Legend
How can you not go for the bullywug? I mean they are literally nature's kicking post.

The mechanics even give you benefits for killing them, yes....the forces of destiny or whatever literally poor out profit to anyone willing to ballz up and kill the suckers.

Maleketh

First Post
It has to be warforged for me. I like a lot of the more unusual races, since as a DM they add flavor to my campaign. But I have exactly zero use for warforged. If I want cyborgs, I'll play Shadowrun, thank you.

lukelightning

First Post
Yah, we should get rid of the 5 most unpopular first, otherwise it will take so long that by the time we're halfway done there will be another 15 races to add...

Ryujin

Legend

I would have preferred if it had been some sort of racial affinity with dimensional/transport rituals instead, maybe getting the casting of them free, but I've gotten great mileage out of a once per encounter teleport right from the beginning.

Honestly I could easily toss out half of the races on that list without a moment's hesitation, so there's no way that I can choose a 'worst.'

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads