• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Race Elimination Round 1!

What is your Least Favourite Race?

• Dragonborn

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eladrin

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Elf

• Half-elf

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Halfling

• Human

• Tiefling

• Deva

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Gnome

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Goliath

• Half-orc

• Shifter (Longtooth)

• Shifter (Razorclaw)

• Bladeling

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Bugbear

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Bullywug

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Changeling

• Drow

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Duergar

• Genasi

• Githyanki

• Githzerai

• Gnoll

• Goblin

• Hobgoblin

• Kalashtar

• Kenku

• Kobold

• Minotaur

• Orc

• Revenant

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Shadar-Kai

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Warforged

• Wilden

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Poll closed .

nopse

First Post
It has to be warforged for me. I like a lot of the more unusual races, since as a DM they add flavor to my campaign. But I have exactly zero use for warforged. If I want cyborgs, I'll play Shadowrun, thank you.

This.

And leave the Bullywug alone, a Bullywug Monk jumping around the battlefield is just awesome!

ricardo440

First Post
I voted bullywug. Certainly as a race for characters.

Any monster race I don't like.
I don't like half orcs either. I just don't see why characters would want to work alongside one except for the reason "bill has made a half orc, so he is in the party"

Theroc

First Post
Any monster race I don't like.
I don't like half orcs either. I just don't see why characters would want to work alongside one except for the reason "bill has made a half orc, so he is in the party"

I can apply this logic to any race, including human. "Why would you want to work alongside this guy? Oh, because he has 'plot immunity' to me disliking him."

Not necessarily objecting to your choice, since I voted the same... but the logic makes little sense to me.

MaclimesZero

First Post
I'm not even sure the MM races should be on this list. Stick to races that are in a Player's Guide (PHB, PHB2, Ebberon, or Realms) or at least have a full Dragon write-up (like the Minotaur). The lack of information and options like racial feats, paragon paths, and story fluff for those races means they are incomplete. You can't vote against something that's not finished yet.

On a related note...
The ONLY possible reason to create a Bullywug is to make a Bullywug Paladin, so you have an excuse to paint and use this miniature:
Visions in Fantasy - Frog Champion - DSM7908

fireinthedust

Explorer
On a related note...
The ONLY possible reason to create a Bullywug is to make a Bullywug Paladin, so you have an excuse to paint and use this miniature:
Visions in Fantasy - Frog Champion - DSM7908

[sblock=and here you go]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Frogadin?, level 1
Bullywug, Paladin

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 20 Fort: 14 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
HP: 31 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +4, Diplomacy +5, Intimidate +5, Endurance +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -3, Arcana -1, Bluff, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History -1, Insight +2, Nature +2, Perception +2, Stealth -3, Streetwise, Thievery -3, Athletics +1

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)

POWERS
Lay on Hands: Lay on Hands
Paladin at-will 1: Ardent Strike
Paladin at-will 1: Forbidding Strike
Paladin encounter 1: Divine Pursuit
Paladin daily 1: Blood of the Mighty

ITEMS
Plate Armor, Bastard sword, Heavy Shield
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
[/sblock]

Not a fantastic build, but not awful. (I picture him as thinking more of himself than others would, thus the low Cha; maybe a low Wis would also have been good)
Still, I think having a racial power that only harms PCs (who are the only ones with healing surges) is an issue. Um, maybe they'd be better with some tweaking?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I'm somewhat surprised about the votes the warforged is getting... I mean, unlike 95% of the other options, that one at least meaningfully and flavorfully differs.

Some people don't like Androids in their Swords and Sorcery (or High Fantasy or whatever you want to call it) RPGs. Ditto for trains, planes, and automobiles. ;)

Felon

First Post
The uselessness of a razorclaw shifter is abolutely inexplicable. It gets a rather modest racial and....nothing. That's it. Zilch. Why would I play this instead of an elf.

Longtooth shifters at least have a Str/Wis monopoly for the time being.

MaclimesZero

First Post
Still, I think having a racial power that only harms PCs (who are the only ones with healing surges) is an issue. Um, maybe they'd be better with some tweaking?

And that's exactly the point. Clearly they are not actually intended for play (or, at least not ready for play), and so I'm not sure that we should even be bothered to vote against them. It would be like voting against the Witchalokk in a "worst class" vote.

Remove ads