Races and Classes

The Little Raven

First Post
bonethug0108 said:
I'm not. It has been mentioned as I've said in the other thread. I'm trying to look on the wotc site for the article but it seems to be having problems. I'm going to look for the vid on youtube.

Please find your source before continuing to spread it. Without a source, it's just a rumor, not a fact.

bonethug0108

First Post
Mourn said:
Please find your source before continuing to spread it. Without a source, it's just a rumor, not a fact.

I'm looking at the vid I think it was on right now. It's a 9 minute vid so hopefully it is this one. Also, saying the ranger is martial without source is fine? Where did you guys hear that?

I know I heard him called the divine striker, so when I find the source I'll post it asap. If I have to I'll look through the blogs, too.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Mourn said:
Strange as it is I'm with Mourn here nothing I've seen has clearly put Ranger under the divine grouping and there were indications it was a martial class probably a striker
If you find a source please link it because I am interested in how they're placing the classes.

bonethug0108

First Post
HeavenShallBurn said:
Strange as it is I'm with Mourn here nothing I've seen has clearly put Ranger under the divine grouping and there were indications it was a martial class probably a striker
If you find a source please link it because I am interested in how they're placing the classes.

Ranger is definitely a striker. This vid says as much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAw490qUAjs

Still looking for the right vid.

bonethug0108

First Post
Mourn said:
We know that. We just haven't heard anything about it being divine, unless you can provide a source.

Still looking. Since I haven't found a source yet just disregard it as fact. I'm looking through the vids(which is taking long because they are long) and then I'll go to blogs if I don't find it. If the website was working right I would have the source.

I'm still waiting on the source where it says it is a martial class, though. :p

Edit:
It is late(3:30 am) and though I very much wish to find the source my eyes can barely stay open. Can anyone access the 4e design and development articles because those are the ones I want to look through? I can access the playtest reports and ampersand and whatnot but not the design and development ones. Figures that would be the case.

If you can access it can you link me because all I can get is an internal server error message(which leads me to believe no one will be able to link me :(). I dig more tomorrow, anyway.

Last edited:

Howndawg

Explorer
The description of the ranger in R&C seems to imply that he is a martial rather than a divine class. From the description, I would gather that they are moving the ranger in the direction of archer/skirmisher.

IMHO, as to the classes in the PHB, I think the eight characters on pages 2-3 are the new iconic characters: Human cleric, dragonborn fighter/warlord, elf ranger, halfling rogue, half-elf paladin, tiefling warlock, dwarf fighter/warlord, and eladrin wizard. Just my thoughts.

JohnSnow

Hero
Howndawg said:
The description of the ranger in R&C seems to imply that he is a martial rather than a divine class. From the description, I would gather that they are moving the ranger in the direction of archer/skirmisher.

IMHO, as to the classes in the PHB, I think the eight characters on pages 2-3 are the new iconic characters: Human cleric, dragonborn fighter/warlord, elf ranger, halfling rogue, half-elf paladin, tiefling warlock, dwarf fighter/warlord, and eladrin wizard. Just my thoughts.

Sounds pretty good. I'm guessing it's probably a dragonborn warlord and a dwarf fighter.

Remove ads