• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races with a Charisma bonus?

NewJeffCT

First Post
Lesser Aasimar, although your DM may not allow it.

I'm the DM - I was trying to make a sorcerer villain. I should also add that I wanted the higher CHA so the sorcerer's spells will be innately harder to save against - the party has made almost all their saves in recent encounters.

Last edited:

hunterofjello

First Post
you're the DM? just make a character that happens to have an insanely high Charisma stat. it's not like your players are going to check him out and inspect him.

Theroc

First Post
you're the DM? just make a character that happens to have an insanely high Charisma stat. it's not like your players are going to check him out and inspect him.

Not saying this is good or the case here, but there are players who might attempt to argue with the NPC's stat score.

It's likely a bad habit, since the DM is attempting to challenge them without killing them, but it's something I'm sure some will do.

NewJeffCT

First Post

I try my best to keep the characters in line with the rules. I only did what you said once for an NPC I had not intended to be anything more than a passing encounter (I bumped her CHA up by 4 from magic, as the book had described her as "rivaling goddesses with her beauty...")

I do tend to give most of my major bad guys a base of 18 in their key stat - intelligence for wizards, charisma for sorcerers, etc. Then, I'd give the sorcerer a cloak of charisma to bump up their CHA and help save DCs, and I'd bump his CHA by 1 every 4 levels, so a level 16 sorcerer would have a 22 Charisma base and then another +4 or +6 from a cloak of charisma.

However, a race that has a CHA bonus would further enhance the save DCs without me needing to burn a spell focus feat on one school of magic.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Within the rules, you can always add an inherent bonus to Cha. It's entirely plausible a character of that level added tomes/wishes to his prime ability score.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads