• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races with Cha bonus

Chun-tzu

First Post
James McMurray said:
I think its kind of odd that WotC didn't make a base race with Cha bonuses like they did for every other stat. I guess they figure Charisma is an overpowered ability. :)

Note that none of the core races have bonuses in any mental stats. They did this so that there weren't any races that would dominate any of the spellcasting classes. For example, if half-elves had a Cha bonus, you can bet you'd see a ton of half-elf sorcerers.

Pax

Banned
Banned
Chun-tzu said:
Note that none of the core races have bonuses in any mental stats. They did this so that there weren't any races that would dominate any of the spellcasting classes. For example, if half-elves had a Cha bonus, you can bet you'd see a ton of half-elf sorcerers.

IMO ... what would be wrong with that, anyway? I see as many human rogues as halflings or elves, for all the latter two get a DEX bonus and humans don't.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads