• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Racial traits for a Lizardman

Hi folks,

one of my players wants to play a Lizardman character and I will probably agree. I can't find any racial traits for Lizardmen in the MM, so I'm wondering if any of you have made some, or if they are mentioned somewhere else.

You know, the ability modifiers and other special race related stuff...

Thanks,

Knight

Crothian

First Post
This is from pg 58 in the DMG.

Lizardfolk: +1CR, +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int, +2d8 HD, +1 Base Attack, +3 Ref, +5 Natural Armor, -3 ranks/skills, +6 Jump, +8 Swim, +5 Balance, Multi Attack, Weapon Proficiency

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
It's in the MM.

2d8 HD
+2 Str
+2 Con
-2 Int
+5 natural armor
+1 BAB
6 skill points (class skills: Balance, Jump, Swim; max ranks 5)
+4 racial bonus to Balance, Jump, and Swim checks
Natural attacks: 2 claws 1d4, bite 1d4
Automatic Language: Draconic
Favored Class: Druid

Dragon magazine suggests an ECL of +4.

Last edited:

ashockney

First Post
Iksar

Ok, so one of our players wants to play an Iksar from EQ. The gist here is they are basically like lizardmen, but with fast healing as a special ability.

The trick is neither player nor GM wants to give up more than two or three levels to ECL.

Thoughts?

We're thinking:

+2 ECL
2d8, +3 Ref, No racial adjusts, +5 natural, +1 BAB, 6 skill points, +4 racial bonus to swim, balance, and jump, 1 feat, no natural attacks, fast healing 1 point+ 1 point/5 levels (max 5 pts/round at 20th).

Vaxalon

First Post
Fast healing is a VERY powerful ability, and I wouldn't give it to ANY race at ECL 2.

Well, maybe something like a kobold.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads