• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rackam D20?

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I buy and paint miniatures, and despite the cost, I've gotten into buying Rackam figures. Most of the ones that I own have stat cards and rules that are in French, so I don't know anything about the system, but the setting is so evocative of a grim and dark setting that I would love to play in...but play in with D20. I was wondering if anyone has toyed around with the idea of making a D20 Confrontation game? Is there already one up?

Thanks,
Kane

hellbender

First Post
From the feedback on the Confrontation messageboard, D20 is not the direction they want to go in. There is a roleplaying game for Confrontation in the works, or maybe just not in English yet, it is called Cadwallon. I run the Yahoogroup for Confrontation in English and there has only been a trickle of news here and there. The miniatures are awesome, the best out there, yet I have seen some heretical, yet tasty mixes of GW and Rackham.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I didn't figure that Rackham would ever go the D20 route. However, now that the game rules are being put out in English, I was wonering if anyone had toyed around with the idea.

Kane

Bobitron

Explorer
I have been considering doing a D20 campaign set in the world of Confrontation for a while, but I've decided to wait until Cadwallon is available. I don't know that I will use the ruleset, but it be a huge source of flavor and information.

JoeGKushner

First Post
The mass army boxed set (Ragnarok) is supposed to be two books, one for rules, one for background. Should be useful for anyone attempting to try this.

Jack of Shadows

First Post
My impression was that Cadwallon was going to be more akin to Mordheim than D&D. I've been a Confrontation player since the models just started being translated. The Skirmish system is great and te world is fabulous. I actually hope my impression is incorrect so if anyone can point me at something that gives more details please do.

Jack

Bobitron

Explorer
Jack of Shadows said:
My impression was that Cadwallon was going to be more akin to Mordheim than D&D. I've been a Confrontation player since the models just started being translated. The Skirmish system is great and te world is fabulous. I actually hope my impression is incorrect so if anyone can point me at something that gives more details please do.

Jack

Hmmm, I'm not so certain it will be a full RPG anymore. I was just looking at some stuff on http://confrontation.voidgamers.com/ and it seems to reinforce your view.

hellbender

First Post
The person to try and catch for clarification is Xenon Wolf, he is the man with all of the answers. As a matter of fact, I will ask him on the Confrontation_En yahoogroup.

Remove ads