• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Raiders of Oakhurst Reloaded -- Free 4E Adventure (Ennie Nominated!)

Xorn

First Post
Nebulous said:
Heh, that's evil.

As a sidenote, are there going to rules for a dragon swooping down, grabbing someone, flying them sixty feet up, and dropping them? I wonder how the Grapple rules would accommodate a common tactic like that? Or is that something that 4e will relegate to special monsters with "special powers." I hope not. We need to be able to expand outside of the combat stat block if needed.

Everything I'm seeing about the 4E design philosophy is about giving the game back to the DM without requiring handwaving--and I'd be quite surprised if this wasn't something covered.

Nebulous said:
Olgar, do you think you'll have another draft of Reloaded by Friday afternoon, 3-ish?

I hope to have the final copy up tonight, Thursday-ish. I've got four more NPC relationships to work up, a section to edit, and then I'm done (I decided not to ink maps because Xorn is doing such a great job with Dunjinni).

I hope everyone likes what I've done with the NPCs. Each has unique relationships with others. Groups that like RP-heavy adventures should be able to have a lot of fun in Oakhurst ... or at least I hope so.

I've also added a few easter eggs for kobold lovers, improved flavor text, squished a lot of typos and grammatical errors, etc. There are a few details in some of the descriptions that -- I hope -- will really help set the tone of some of the encounters. The Final draft is considerably more polished than the Beta which is up now (and I should probably quit surfing, and start writing!)

Esangue said:
Since I'm a graphic designer, I was thinking to format and add graphics to the adventure. And, since I like to draw (you can see some of my stuff here; I know, I haven't update it for a long time...) what about portaying the most notable NPC?
It shall be a nice work, and a really cool fine add on for this great demo of 4e. Olgar, let me know what you think.

Any and all help welcome. It would be really cool to get the final version into a nicely formatted and illustrated pdf for everyone. Klaus did a great job with the pdf of the original combined with Xorn's map ... maybe you can collaborate?

Anyway, I'd love to see a cover illustration of Meepo, the Kobold King, sitting on his throne, brass crown cocked jauntily over one ear, petting his spider friend Ix, with the white dragon banner of his tribe hanging behind the throne in the background ...

Hmmm, this could be a great product. Wonder what it would cost to get some staple-bound hard copies of moderate quality to hand out for free at the Ennies at GenCon this year?

Edit: And ... final version posted (see first post!)

Last edited:

VBMEW-01

First Post
This looks more awesome than ever. I ran the original but now I'm gonna have to go back and do it agains when 4E comes out so we can do EVERYTHING

Thyanks for a fine product. If you need any help putting any of it together just let me know.

As far as printing goes, me and a friend did a magazine last year that ran us about $1.12 a copy (gets expensive). I hope you find a better deal.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I've got my group set up (7 PCs!). We're going to run it on April 1st (it would be a cruel April Fool's Joke if they ran into the dragon ... ;) ).

Remove ads