• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Raising a Succubus

nijineko

Explorer
Dominate person would also IMO, get a similar replacement, perhaps a simple "UN-dominate person". Seeing as the good-aligned succubus uses her natural seduction ability to smack some sense into those magically dominated.

i would suggest geas/quest as an appropriate replacement. make it a later ability or add special text to adjust the power as appropriate.

I would leave her spell-like abilities alone, except for swapping detect good for detect evil, and maybe not even then. After all, even a good succubus could have justification for being able to sense the good in others. None of the other spell-like abilities are [evil], and that includes dominate person. There's not really any reason to change them. Besides, having power to compel others would offer a constant temptation to lure her toward evil, which could be a nice roleplaying hook. Perhaps she doesn't use those powers unless absolutely necessary to avoid the temptation.

Yup. That's how I handled a CG succubus NPC--I didn't swap anything. She has the abilities she was born with but she will not use her level draining ability at all and she will not use mind control on an enemy.

Remove ads