• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ranger action question

At lvl 7, a ranger (had he taken the archery path) obtains the Manyshot feat as well as his first second attack. Rapid Shot allows the character an additional shot per round ( with a penalty to hit) as a free action. correct? Manshot allows to draw an additional arrow per shot as a standard action, with a penalty to hit. A second a attack constitutes as a move action, right? My question: can you combine the manyshot feat with the rapid shot ability and still use your second attack, resulting in five arrows per round?
(2 arrows[ RS and MS] + 2 arrows[ RS and MS] + 1 arrow[ 2nd attk])

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I don't think they can. My books aren't with me, but I believe Rapid Shot requires you to take a Full Round Action...

Right. Manyshot can't be part of a Full Attack action, and Rapid Shot can only be part of a Full Attack action, so the only way you can do both in the same round is if you're a Choker.

-Hyp.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
disgruntledarcher said:
The Choker's Quickness ability allows it to mimic 3.0 haste. So you could Rapid Shot as part of your Full Attack action, then use your remaining action to make a Manyshot as well. Basically, the two feats cannot be combined, but the Choker's Quickness gives it enough actions to perform each separately, in the same round.

Darklone

disgruntledarcher said:
At lvl 7, a ranger (had he taken the archery path) obtains the Manyshot feat as well as his first second attack. Rapid Shot allows the character an additional shot per round ( with a penalty to hit) as a free action. correct? Manshot allows to draw an additional arrow per shot as a standard action, with a penalty to hit. A second a attack constitutes as a move action, right? My question: can you combine the manyshot feat with the rapid shot ability and still use your second attack, resulting in five arrows per round?
(2 arrows[ RS and MS] + 2 arrows[ RS and MS] + 1 arrow[ 2nd attk])
1. Rangers do get these abilities (BAB +6/+1, Manyshot) at level 6. ;)
2. Additional attacks are not move actions. Either you take a standard action and a move action or you take a full attack or full round action plus perhaps a 5ft step. These can usually not be combined.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads