• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ranger Quarry Question

sdt

First Post
According to the Players Handbook, once per round my ranger can do extra damage to his quarry. At higher levels I can have more than one quarry, if I damage more than one quarry in a round can I apply quarry damage to each? (This is implied by the wording but not stated explicitly).

Mengu

First Post
Check the errata. The following bit of text should answer your question.

"If you have dealt Hunter’s Quarry damage since the start of your turn, you cannot deal it again until the start of your next turn."

Christian

Explorer
According to the Players Handbook, once per round my ranger can do extra damage to his quarry. At higher levels I can have more than one quarry, if I damage more than one quarry in a round can I apply quarry damage to each? (This is implied by the wording but not stated explicitly).
And allow me to anticipate the next question, viz. "So what's the advantage of having more than one quarry?" The answer is, that you don't have to declare your quarry bonus damage before the attack roll, but only after you determine that the hit was successful. So if you are surrounded by enemies, and have a burst 1 attack to strike them all with, being able to select all of them as quarry increases your odds of getting to apply those extra damage dice to somebody.

Remove ads