• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rapiers and Rocketships

Radiant

First Post
Looking a lot like a bundle of dirty clothes Sinead finally gives up trying to find a comfortable position without making noise and sighs as she hopes she won't have to stay here for long.
The devil take all planes I'd never thought I'd fly someday. A window would have been nice too...

Tars Tarkus

First Post
Jarval said:
"Hey Ted, how's she looking? Nice crate they've got us flying this time." Ben takes his seat at the controls, helping the co-pilot with the routine checks.

"So Willy, anything that might cause us any problems I should know about, or are we in for a smooth run?" He grins back over his shoulder at the navigator. "Oh, and who was the girl I saw you dancing with last night? Quite a looker."

Willy looks up from his charts and maps. "We should have clear skys all the way into Bermuda. The latest weather report that I have from Nassau is light winds from the south, unlimited visablity, and a predicted high of 77 degrees." A big grin forms on his face. "I think I am going to hit the beach after we settle in."

Ted laughs. "I might join you if we can get a couple of those young ladies that I saw boarding to come along." Ted turns to Ben. "Yep she's a fine craft. Handles like a dream." He checks a few instruments. "Everything looks green!"

Last edited:

Tars Tarkus

First Post
The engines begin roar abit louder and the big plane begins to move down the gentle ramp and into the waters of the bay.

phs8.jpg

Soon the sea plane is moving faster and faster along the water and then into the air.

dream66_

First Post
LeeAnn softly wisphered to herself "Amazing" as the plane lifted itself from the water, then she looked over to Betty who didn't seem as excited. "Thank You."

ajanders

Explorer
Tom Hogan 2

The man in the loud suit looks out the window as the water drops away and swallows.
"Oh gee! Dat's a long way down..."
His craggy features begin to turn a trifle green.
"I t'ink I'd like dis flying stuff better if it were closer to da water."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
ajanders said:
The man in the loud suit looks out the window as the water drops away and swallows.
"Oh gee! Dat's a long way down..."
His craggy features begin to turn a trifle green.
"I t'ink I'd like dis flying stuff better if it were closer to da water."

Roland, hearing the man's comments, leans over and says "Don't worry, these things are perfectly safe. Well, relatively safe. They hardly ever crash. At least after they've taken off, though the landings can be touch-and-go. But there's no reason to worry. The weather's perfectly clear. Though I've heard that Bermuda can get terrible storms. But really, I don't think we have anything to worry about. Even if we do lose altitude, there'll be a soft water landing, nothing to worry about. The sharks hardly ever attack humans, I'm told. Well, not often. At least they usually wait until the people die of sunstroke."

Content that he has now terrified the man senseless, Roland resumes his conversation with the stewardess.

Jarval

Explorer
Silent during take-off, once he's got the plane leveled out at a comfortable cruising height and speed, Ben turns back to his crew.

"Well, you were right about the unlimited visibility. I'm sure if we looked hard enough, we could already see Bermuda." He smiles again, the pleasant weather only further buoying his mood.

"I have to say, a couple of days on the beach sounds very pleasant. It'll certainly beat the snow we're leaving behind."

Last edited:

ajanders

Explorer
Tom Hogan 3

Paxus Asclepius said:
Roland, hearing the man's comments, leans over and says "Don't worry, these things are perfectly safe. Well, relatively safe. They hardly ever crash. At least after they've taken off, though the landings can be touch-and-go. But there's no reason to worry. The weather's perfectly clear. Though I've heard that Bermuda can get terrible storms. But really, I don't think we have anything to worry about. Even if we do lose altitude, there'll be a soft water landing, nothing to worry about. The sharks hardly ever attack humans, I'm told. Well, not often. At least they usually wait until the people die of sunstroke."

Content that he has now terrified the man senseless, Roland resumes his conversation with the stewardess.

The man greens even more.
"I shoulda taken a boat."
He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out an elaborately engraved silver flask. He takes two long pulls from the flask, then puts it away.
"Dat's better."
The man curls up and goes to sleep. Seconds later, he begins to snore thunderously.

Tars Tarkus

First Post
The great plane rises into the blue sky and begins to wing it's way southeastward. Low conversation fills the cabin and the stewardess serve a light lunch. Looking out the windows you can only see a vast expanse of sky and ocean. Hours pass and about 3 hours out of Baltimore a muffled boom is heard. It sounds like distant thunder. Right after the boom, the plane begins to shake and bounce up and down in jerks.

Last edited:

Remove ads