• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rapiers and Rocketships

Radiant

First Post
Oh lord please don't let that be a storm, I swear it I'll never curse again in me life if you just let this plane land there it's supposed to go.
The bundle legs and arms then continues to contemplate the stupidity of sleeping in cargo holds.

Jarval

Explorer
"Hey, Willy, there something you forgot to tell me?" Ben says, alarmed by the plane's sudden juddering. He keeps firm hold of the stick, trying to keep the reluctant aircraft level.

"Ted, check and see if something's gone wrong with one of the engines. I want to know what's up."

Damn it, it'd be just my luck to crash as things where looking up. Let's just hope it's a bit of turbulence...

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Roland seems almost to be enjoying himself, the turbulence reminding him of an unruly steed. Still, he's trying to get a look out the window, to see what's going on.

ajanders

Explorer
Wakey Wakey

Tars Tarkus said:
The great plane rises into the blue sky and begins to wing it's way southeastward. Low conversation fills the cabin and the stewardess serve a light lunch.

The big man with the broken nose continues to snore in counterpoint with the rhythm of the engines, ignoring lunch.

Tars Tarkus said:
Looking out the windows you can only see a vast expanse of sky and ocean. Hours pass and about 3 hours out of Baltimore a muffled boom is heard. It sounds like distant thunder. Right after the boom, the plane begins to shake and bounce up and down in jerks.

Snore.
Snnoorrre.
Snnnooooorrrrrre.

The first bounce of the plane lifts the man's head off the bulkhead, then crunches it back down. The man snorts and shifts.
The second bounce is just like the first, but harder, and the man comes fully awake.
"Huh! Wassis?"
He looks around uncertainly.
"Which wunna you birds sucker punched me?"
The plane yaws hard before straightening out.
"What's da big idear?"

Tars Tarkus

First Post
As Ben trys to keep the plane steady, Willy and Ted quickly check over the instruments. "Well, the engines are fine. I don't see anything wrong with the plane but I had better go back and check out the back." says Willy. Ted looks back as Willy gets up. "See if you can find out what that big boom was."
Ben wrestles with the controls as the plane rocks like a bucking bronco.

Glancing out the window, Roland only sees clear blue skys and the ocean below. Though he can hear a the sound of strong gusts of wind striking the aircraft. Suddenly, he is blinded for a second as a bolt of lightning lance out of the sky. It's mighty boom shakes the plane.

ajanders

Explorer
Tom Hogan, not a flyboy

Tars Tarkus said:
Ben wrestles with the controls as the plane rocks like a bucking bronco.
Suddenly, he is blinded for a second as a bolt of lightning lance out of the sky. It's mighty boom shakes the plane.

The plane yaws, pitches and rolls simultaneously. The big man grips the arms of his seat tightly.
"What's goin' on here? Da last time I a saw a floor do dat, I'd been celebratin' de Hagersen victory for a week?"
He glances over at Roland in the hopes of information, if not comfort.

dream66_

First Post
LeeAnn is sqeezing the life out of Betty's hand while Betty is huddled up against her, both women looking around nerviously, silently wisphering prayers

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
ajanders said:
The plane yaws, pitches and rolls simultaneously. The big man grips the arms of his seat tightly.
"What's goin' on here? Da last time I a saw a floor do dat, I'd been celebratin' de Hagersen victory for a week?"
He glances over at Roland in the hopes of information, if not comfort.

Roland, though unnerved, is still calm enough to toy with the Yank. "We're caught in a hurricane. Don't worry, I hear they usually let up in an hour or two. If the pilot can keep us out of the tornados, we'll be fine. Most likely."

Jarval

Explorer
"What..."

The plane shudders violently.

"... the Hell..."

Ben shoves the controls over hard, trying desperately to stop the aircraft from diving into a spin.

"... is going on?!"

Grunting from the effort of keeping them in the air, Ben calls back to Willy.

"Hey, tell the passengers to hold on tight. We might be going down fast sometime soon..."

Remove ads