• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RA's Ashin's Commission--Grand Finale!

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ironwolf's attack is just barely dodged by the Afflicted he attacked, and then they begin attacks of their own! Unable to reach Eternity or Almayce, they split up, with four attacking the enlarged and seemingly most dangerous Ironwolf, four going after the tired Hulgyr, and the remaining Afflicted attempting to deal with Michael who, prone as he is, is a sitting duck.*

*Claws and bites fly from every direction, and despite most of them missing futilely or deflecting against Ironwolf's heavy armour, many of them still do connect and leave deep gashes. The absolutely astounding thing is that Michael's attacker somehow manages to miss the Selan priest consecutively, despite Michael's prone status.*

(OOC: Ironwolf takes 14, Hulgyr 20, Michael miraculously not harmed)

*Meanwhile, there is the sound of more Afflicted coming from farther down the passage, though they are not yet visible.*

*The squishing sounds grows closer still and resolves itself into a very sticky humanoid figure, completely covered in ectoplasmic goop but still recognisable--Zaeryl.*

"You again...we must stop her before...Oh wonderful, the buzzing...the accursed power is unleashed! Quick, you see the way I came? There's another exit that way. You all must get out of here!" Zaeryl punctuates this statement by closing his eyes and concentrating, and some of the ectoplasm sloughs off as an Astral Construct appears to aid Ironwolf, Michael, and Hulgyr with the Afflicted, while meanwhile he seems to be concentrating on manifesting another power as well.*

*The Astral Construct connects with the Afflicted injured by Hulgyr and slays it.*

(OOC: Okay, everyone's turn again)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Zaeryl! You're alive! and here? What do you mean accursed? This power is amazing." replies Eternity as she finishes focusing.

(ooc: gain focus first, move closer to the room, talk)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You don't have Psionic Meditation, so that's the full-round action focus coupled with a 5-foot step--focus succeeds)

*Zaeryl doesn't answer immediately because he is concentrating on manifesting a power with 1 full round manifesting time. Given Zaeryl's track record, it is pretty easy to guess what it will be. Meanwhile, Eternity steps closer and regains her focus*

ajanders

Explorer
Michael takes his full defensive mode to increase his armor class and stands up.
Very bad thoughts are running through his head, like
I don't think we destroyed the evil and Why is Zaeryl covered in goo? and even I think somebody just guided us to letting the evil go free...

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: i don't have clear picture of the current situation, map wise, so i';; post Hulgy's action as following: Hulgyr tries to get away and will attack any affliced that stands in his way. As a free action he shouts. "Fall back!"

attack:14 damage:21 rolls are here
cleave: attack 11 damage:17 rolls are here

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It's the same as last time except with Zaeryl and an Astral Construct. Also, Zaeryl wants you to break through the group here and escape the way he came on the other side (south on the old map--the enemies come from the west)--you can't fall back on your own side because it is a dead end)

*Hulgyr barely hits and slays one of the Afflicted, and he tries to Cleave through to another but misses.*

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf will attempt to follow Zaeryl's order. If he can get clear without provoking more than one attack of oportunity, he will do so, using the withdraw action if that helps. If he's stuck, he'll take another swing to try and clear the way first.

Remove ads