Rats in the Sewer: A D&D Next Fan Adventure

cadetsf

First Post
Ending up running your rats in the sewers adventure when after character creation using the latest packet (Aug 2013) I realized there wasnt an adventure included and I needed something appropriate. Big caveat to any critique or opinion of this is that I did not have time to properly read through before running it.

I really liked the main hook into the story, it felt like a good, legit low-level job for a new party to take on and I like how you setup up interactions with in the bar and in the wildmen camp. My players had a blast and everyone laughted at getting attacked by dire rats in the latrine.

The second half of the adventure seemed to get bogged down in the the kind of skill tests that 4e encounters seasons are infamous for. I did not properly read through it before hand, but it just seemed to distance the players. Your suggested text for all the npcs and whatnot was interesting and I managed to avoid a lot of murder hoboing and setup the villian grand reveal (but a parody of it) with the fat rat goblin. I would encourage you to keep writing and designing adventures as we overall had a good time with it.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I hope it's okay if I perform a little thread necromancy.

I thought it would be worth mentioning that every since I wrote these adventures, Drakonheim has been bouncing around in the back of my head. Recently I've started working on a mini campaign setting book for the city, that I think I'll probably run a Kickstarter for at some point this spring or summer. If anybody wants to get an email alert about the campaign you can sign up here.

Last edited:

Remove ads