D&D 5E [RAVENLOFT] [5e] Death House OOC

I ALWAYS think players should select attributes based on flavor, not on DPR. To the extent that characyer builds are perhaps party resources, I fully support a character whose build is true to the player's concept, even if the build is not optimized and deals less DPR. I'm far more interested in seeing a thoughtful character be brought to life than in "winning" encounters.

Though, don't get me wrong. I like winning. Winning is fun. But sometimes losing is, too.

Yavathol

Explorer
You've come up with a very strong theme/hook for Farshid, but I'm not clear quite how you see him fitting in the party, what you mean by not a spellsniper? He's not going for Pact Blade/gish, right..do you mean he's still going to cast single-target damage spells, but not from hiding or kiting?

The reason I ask, is because a lot of the warlock invocations boost eldritch blast, and I've always thought of the class as being a gish or sniper, maybe I'm just not seeing what you see yet; but I take it you have a clear idea for what he will look like, mechanically, at level 7, and which invocations he will have?

Yavathol

Explorer
Does anyone know if Curse includes sample bonds, the way OotA did? (I should probably ask that in a new thread, but I'm running late, sorry!)

industrygothica

Adventurer
How about:

* Take Eldritch Blast
* Rename it to Pyro Blast
* Change force damage to fire damage
* Whatever would modify Eldritch Blast will also modify Pyro Blast

* And note all the changes somewhere so I'm not frantically looking up Pyro Blast in the PHB.

Does that work for everyone?

The important vote here is [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION]. But, for what it's worth, what IG proposes is simple re-skinning and I think it's great. Ooo! Ooo! OOOH! Do we get to vote on what the new blast is called? How's about Searing Blast? Beacon Blast? Shining Blast? Luminous Blast (that sounds like mascara!)? Radiant Blast (maybe it deals radiant rather than force damage?)?

Just ignore me. I'm high on lack of sleep and too much coffee.

industrygothica

Adventurer
A question for all: Do we want another community for this game, like CB has set up for OotA, or just the typical OOC, RG, and IC threads? While I don't promise regular journal entries (my life is just not that interesting), it might be nice to have a place for links and certain references here and there. And maybe a map or three*.

Up to you guys. Be democratic. Vote.

* Speaking of maps, I'm much to scared to ask my wife cheap to buy Mike Schley's beautiful map pack, so I'll be redrawing all the relevant ones when necessary. Hope that's ok.

Last edited:

Remove ads