• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ravenloft Board Game Delayed Again?

Hawke

Explorer
From Amazon after I checked the shipping date and it had changed:

Amazon said:
Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I've checked the availability for Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game and see that the item will be released on September 10, 2010. We expect to ship your order by September 10, 2010.

Please be assured that as soon as the item is released, we'll be able to ship it to you. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items
until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged for this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you.

(etc)

Anybody else see this on Amazon? Did I miss official word?

Lancelot

Adventurer
I received an email yesterday saying that Miniature Market had just shipped my copy, so perhaps this is an Amazon-specific problem?

Hawke

Explorer
Bummer... guess I'll call the local places and see if there're any copies left. Amazon isn't much cheaper (whereas its significantly cheaper on the print books) just gotta hope there's some left.

Do we know if some non FLGS places are expected to have any - toy stores, book stores, etc?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
We received some of our shipment today for sale tomorrow. Street date for everyone is August 31.
I don't know what non-game stores will be carrying it.

mearlus

Explorer
Definitely an amazon only thing. Heck amazon.ca even says the Dark Sun Creature Catalog isn't in print yet :erm:

I don't know that this is an Amazon only thing. I just checked my Pre-order from April for the Ravenloft Board Game at Borders.com and it hasn't shipped. I went and looked at the direct product link and it says "Item releases on September 21, 2010" Castle Ravenloft: A D&d Boardgame - Hardcover (ISBN 9780786955572) - Buy Books, Music and Movies at Borders

What gives? Slow boat indeed... I hope this is just a glitch and not an actual delay. It has me debating canceling my pre-order for the second board game they're publishing. *sigh*

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Could it be that WotC is releasing it for sale by Premier stores on August 31 and by other retailers later? I know that they do this with their books; perhaps with the board game, too?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Could it be that WotC is releasing it for sale by Premier stores on August 31 and by other retailers later? I know that they do this with their books; perhaps with the board game, too?
According to my Weekly Email from WotC, today is the regular street date, don't know if there is a particular delay for non game stores.

Jor-El

First Post
That just looks like normal Amazon shenanigans to me. Their distribution has really suffered in recent years. Especially when it comes to gaming products. It might be other products too, but those seem to be the types of products that I had problems with when I still ordered from them. :erm:

Anyone else pre-ordered from Amazon having the same issue? What about folks that belong to that "premium" service?

Remove ads