• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ravnica Guild Census

What is your next character's guild?

Litania

First Post
It would be good to know what guilds people gravitate to.
So, for the sake of science (and for the chance to talk about your character):
Which guild is your next Ravnica PC going to belong to?

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
It would be good to know what guilds people gravitate to.
So, for the sake of science (and for the chance to talk about your character):
Which guild is your next Ravnica PC going to belong to?

For me, it's likely that I'll play a character (if I ever get a chance to not be DM) from the Orzhov Syndicate.

Why? Because I have little charisma or political influence in real life. Therefore, it's pretty fun to fake it for a while.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I don't think I'm really going to have a chance to play DnD, let alone in Ravnica, for quite a while but if I did, I've been working on a circle of life-shaping for a Simic druid that I think would be quite neat and could do with some playtesting.

Dausuul

Legend
I think it unlikely I will ever get the chance to make one, but if I do... Golgari, absolutely. I've been playing Golgari since before Golgari existed.

Litania

First Post
I was a little disappointed by the lack of specific races in the book.
So I decided to do some reskinning!

I am planning on playing a Dryad: they are iconic Ravnican creatures, and the Eladrin, with their seasonal changes, suit them to a T. The idea is that she was meant to be the leader of a nascent Vernadi that got destroyed. A Golgari took her in from when she was a sapling and raised her to believe that the Selesnya abandoned her. She now has vowed vengeance on the people of the surface, but also can interact with them with less prejudice than most obviously "golgari" races, making her an ideal spy/assassin for the Ochran.

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
I was a little disappointed by the lack of specific races in the book.
So I decided to do some reskinning!

I am planning on playing a Dryad: they are iconic Ravnican creatures, and the Eladrin, with their seasonal changes, suit them to a T. The idea is that she was meant to be the leader of a nascent Vernadi that got destroyed. A Golgari took her in from when she was a sapling and raised her to believe that the Selesnya abandoned her. She now has vowed vengeance on the people of the surface, but also can interact with them with less prejudice than most obviously "golgari" races, making her an ideal spy/assassin for the Ochran.

The Eladrin as dryad idea is great! For my game I plan on using the triton and lizardfolk races from Volo's represent merfolk and viashino respectively. Using fire genasi as a kind of lesser flame kin might also work.

While I probably won't get to play Ravnica for a while as I plan on running it I answered Orzhov. I love their opulent, gothic aesthetic.

Last edited:

Remove ads