Ravnica: Is This The New D&D Setting? [UPDATED & CONFIRMED!]

If so... meh?

Staccat0

First Post
Honestly, I don’t care about MtG or it’s lore but a city the size of a planet is more interesting then 90% of the old settings IMO.

And honestly, my games pull heavily from Eastern Europe so there is probably some good stuff to steal.

ccs

41st lv DM
"D&D Guildmasters" might refer to the Dungeon Master's Guild, and the setting being opened up for use there by fans with this initial book providing the introductory framework.

Eh, maybe. But I'll bet it's play on words/book titles referring to one of the main features of the Ravnica setting - namely those 10 guilds that're mentioned in the description.

Let's see, which has a better ring to it (considering the setting)?
Dungeon Masters guide to Ravnica
OR
Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I wasn’t expecting this, but very pumped about it. Ravnica imo is the best MtG setting. There is two published book trilogies set in that setting as well.

Ravnica might not be the only setting that will be officially announced this year so there's still hope for Planescape, Eberron, Spelljammer, etc.

This is what I'm hoping for. I've heard rumors that it was stated in some official capacity (Twitter? Stream of Many Eyes? Can anyone confirm?) that two setting products would be introduced this year, and that classic D&D fans would be very happy. Planescape/Spelljammer in addition to Ravnica could fit that bill with crossover appeal.

EDIT:

Didn't they say there were two settings they hadn't announced yet for this year?

I knew I wasn't crazy! Where was this said, though?

Remove ads

Remove ads