• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RCFG] RCFG Ongoing Development!

Aus_Snow

First Post
I like how you've taken the Arcana Unearthed or Arcana Evolved take on witches and incorporated some of that (and expanded on it) for your Sorcerer class. That seems like a good fit.

Scrapping feats like Power Attack and co. (and putting them in the hands of, well, all) is a great idea, IMO.

The races are really quite elegant - even if Dwarven Wizards give me fits :lol: - and by that I also mean to imply that the way the abilities and saves are set up is neat, and flexible. I can see how creating or modifying races should be a snap, and quite fun, with this system. That's a plus, as well.

[ Probable nitpick: it takes more XP to get from 13th to 14th than from 14th to 15th. ]

Uncanny Presence seems rather powerful. Mainly because it's an 'at will power' ;) I suppose. But then, compared to Wizards, they are second-rate casters, so. . .

I'd really have to go over the Sorcerer and Wizard a few more times to see if they're particularly 'balanced' (ah, how loathed can a word be, I wonder). But either way, their abilities and accompanying flavour are good, and will go some way, I imagine, toward supporting the kind of 'feel' it seems you're wanting to focus on with this game.

Nellisir

Hero
Hey RC - I finally found time to glance at your previews, and I'm pretty intrigued. It look alot like the direction I was going in, particularly with more emphasis on tiered play and ability saves. I'm printing it out now so I can study it a bit closer.

Cheers!
Nell.

Remove ads