• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[re-opened for recruiting] Generic low-level fun (3.5)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Vigwyn the Unruly said:
OK, last chance, folks! :)

If anybody else wants to submit a character, please do so by Friday at 5 pm.

After that point, I will choose a group. Thanks!

Vig

Very well. Norbrit and I will be waiting ever so patiently until then.

Well, one of us will be. He's ready to start kicking in door and swinging his axe.

Rathan

First Post
so friday at the lastest hun?..... you know.. with my inexperience with PrCs.... it seems my character is rather bland.... I hope that isn't going to hurt my chances much.... I really would like to get back into PbP'ing again...

Jemal

Adventurer
Finished both my character concepts, Tharson Thok (Half Orc Unarmed Fighter), and Gillian Thunderstone (Halfling Combat Rogue) complete with backgrounds and a little info on how I plan to advance them(Level wise)

Ivellious

First Post
An idea occurred to me that I want to check before I start to work on it, but I want to make a lizardman druid barbarian, but I wanted to make sure it was ok, before I go ahead and make it,

Last edited:

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Well, this took rather longer than expected. :heh: Haven't had too much free time lately, though that should change soon. Well, anyway: Violet Tealeaf, the cheerful necromancer! Minus her equipment, which I'll hopefully be able to edit in shortly.

[sblock=Violet Tealeaf]Violet Tealeaf
NG halfling female
Wizard (Necromancer) 2
XP: 1000

Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12

11 hp (HD 2d4+5)
AC 13 (touch 13, flat-footed 11; +2 Dex, +1 size)

Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
Initiative +2
BAB +1 (melee +1, ranged +3)
Speed 20 ft.

Languages: Common, Draconic, Halfling, Infernal, Undercommon

Feats
Scribe Scroll
Spell Focus (Necromancy)
Toughness

Racial Traits
Small size
Base speed 20 feet
+2 on Climb, Jump, Listen and Move Silently checks
+1 on all saves
+2 on saves vs. fear
+1 on attacks with thrown weapons and slings

Class Features
Wizard weapon proficiency
Spellcasting
Bonus feat (Scribe Scroll)
Skeletal minion

Skills
Concentration: +5 (+4 ranks, +1 Con)
Knowledge (arcana): +7 (+4 ranks, +3 Int)
Knowledge (religion): +7 (+4 ranks, +3 Int)
Knowledge (the planes): +7 (+4 ranks, +3 Int)
Spellcraft: +7 (+4 ranks, +3 Int)

Spells
Forbidden Schools: Abjuration, Evocation

Spells Known
- 0: all in PHB
- 1st: Cause Fear, Chill Touch, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Grease, Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement, Sleep

Spells Prepared
- 0: Acid Splash, Daze, Detect Magic, Touch of Fatigue
- 1st: Cause Fear, Color Spray, Mage Armor

Gear
Light crossbow
Quarterstaff
Backpack
Crossbow bolts (20)
Crowbar
Flasks of alchemist's fire (2)
Scroll case, containing scrolls of bull's strength, comprehend languages, feather fall, invisibility, grease, spider climb, and true strike
Spade
Spell component pouch
Trail rations (4 days worth)
Waterskin
48 gp

Background
Milo "Kebab" Tealeaf, expert chef, and his wife, Cheri Seraphina, retired prostitute, produced a veritable army of children, and Violet is one of the youngest of the offspring. When Violet was thirteen, she and her siblings walked into the family restaurant's kitchen to discover their father's dead body. According to the authorities, Milo had simply choked on a clove of garlic, but the family knew better: he had been murdered by his competitors. The halfling restaurant business can be surprisingly cutthroat...

More psychological-minded types might declare this discovery of her father's corpse the trigger for Violet Tealeaf's rather morbid obsession with death and the conquering of same, but that's unimportant. What is important is that shortly after Milo's death, Cheri drank herself to death and the Tealeaf children split up to go their separate ways. Violet eventually became the apprentice to a debased necromancer who initially intended to kill her, but was won over by her naïve charm, absolute fascination with him and what he did, and her sweet puppy dog eyes.

The evil wizard took her in then, teaching her everything he knew before eventually reforming due to her cheerful presence and retiring to live peacefully in a small village where he actually saved most of the children from a burning orphanage... though he then used the animated corpses of those who had burned to death to rebuild the parts of the town damaged by the fire; this rather upset the villagers, though their reaction mystified him. After learning this necromancer's craft, but before he was lynched by the townsfolk, Violet was given his former servant as a gift: an animated skeleton named Sherrinford whom she thinks of as her very best friend and pet. After partnering with Sherrinford, Violet left to begin a life of adventure (in tombs, for the most part) and meeting interesting new people (also in tombs, for the most part).

Sherrinford, advanced human warrior skeleton
Size/Type: Medium Undead
Hit Dice: 2d12 (13 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 16 (+1 Dex, +3 natural, +2 heavy steel shield)
BAB/Grapple: +1/+2
Attack: Scimitar +2 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2) or claw +2 (1d4+1, x2)
Full Attack: Scimitar +2 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2) or 2 claws +2 (1d4+1, x2)
SQ: DR 5/bludgeoning, darkvision 60 feet, immunity to cold, undead traits
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +2
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 13, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
Feats: Improved Initiative[/sblock]

Edit: Gear now included.

Last edited:

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Hi All,

Wife just went into labor! I will still try to pick a "team" on Friday night, but don't get discouraged if I don't post for a few days. Wish us luck! :D

Vig

Rathan

First Post
congrats Vigwyn!..... this your first child?.... and of course we understand.... a new baby is..... SLIGHTLY.. more inportant that D&D... only slightly though hehe... ;)

Good luck and best wishes from me to you and your wife :)

- Rathan

Remove ads