• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reach tactics??

Tripgnosis

First Post
Anyone know if there are going to be any new powers that make reach more useable?? (in the new martial book, I mean) I'm not saying it's under-powered or anything, but my initial "oh reach will let me do...." ideas were all wrong. Doesn't come into play with opportunity attacks, or the fighters combat superiority feature, can't cleave at reach. (well the initial target can be at reach, which IS cool and has been VERY useful to me so far) I think all the ways they nerfed reach make sense, and kept it balanced. I was just hoping for more. Like feats or something that UN-nerfed it in different ways but maintained the balance with high prereqs or somethin. I dunno. I jus want more ways of using my reach....

Tripgnosis

First Post
Yeah I saw it. I need to get my wisdom up by the time I hit paragon, and I'm taking it. But that's just ONE feat. I'm just hoping for more.....

DemonLord57

First Post
You've already seen the Polearm Gamble feat, I presume?

-Hyp.
Yeah, I'd say that Polearm Gamble + Heavy Blade Opportunity is nice for a class that has some good at-wills for it. Warlord and Cleric come to mind. I don't know if you'd want to sacrifice the stats for it, but it could be fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads