• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reactions to D&D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander123

First Post
D&D receives negative reactions because it is not realistic enough, particularly with respect to alignments.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

What happens to the spells that real life clerics get?

Oh, wait, D&D is not real life...

He is "mistaken" about how his fantasy world should be because you don't think the idea is "realistic"? Are you serious? Have you banned all magic from your campaign or do you think it is "realistic"?

Your statements seem pretty impolite to me, both from this thread and the one about alignments and fixing paladins.

kitcik

Adventurer
I apologize to the forum.

As for you, maybe you should consider that you called me "creepy," insulted my religion (and my character's as well for that matter), and generally post trolling remarks about D&D being too unrealistic. If you modified this approach, you might get less rude responses.

Last edited:

Alexander123

First Post
How did I insult your religion?

Edit: Saying that you were rude to me because I insulted your characters religion makes it a little hard to take what you say seriously.

And I don't consider saying that miracles don't exist an insult to anyone's religion. That is a simple, scientific statement of fact.

Discussing the realism of certain things like alignment is a legitimate topic for discussion. If you don't like it don't post on those topics. And it certainly is not trolling.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
I obviously take this to mean that they think it is a waste of time and not you, otherwise that wouldn't make sense.
Why wouldn't make make sense? Gaming is a waste of time, albeit an enjoyable one. There are far better things to do with one's time. Putting up a shed should take a group of friends but a few game days, to say nothing of the potential good of various volunteer work.

Alexander123

First Post
Why wouldn't make make sense? Gaming is a waste of time, albeit an enjoyable one. There are far better things to do with one's time. Putting up a shed should take a group of friends but a few game days, to say nothing of the potential good of various volunteer work.

I suppose you could think of it that way, although I don't think of recreation as a waste of time. For a proper enjoyment of one's life, a person needs of balance of various things, one of those being recreation.

TanisFrey

First Post
How did I insult your religion?

Edit: Saying that you were rude to me because I insulted your characters religion makes it a little hard to take what you say seriously.

And I don't consider saying that miracles don't exist an insult to anyone's religion. That is a simple, scientific statement of fact.
I am going to PM you why I disagree, but as it is pulling in real life issue and politics it does not belong on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads