Dragonlance Read The Beginning Of Dragonlance: Dragons of Deceit!

The first few pages of August's upcoming Dragonlance novel Dragons of Deceit from creators Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman are available to read over at Polygon. It opens up with Destina Rosethorn, a Solamnic noble, just before the War of the Lance, the central conflict which was portrayed in the original Dragonlance Chronicles back in the 1980s. The novel trilogy features time travel...

The first few pages of August's upcoming Dragonlance novel Dragons of Deceit from creators Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman are available to read over at Polygon. It opens up with Destina Rosethorn, a Solamnic noble, just before the War of the Lance, the central conflict which was portrayed in the original Dragonlance Chronicles back in the 1980s. The novel trilogy features time travel.

Alternatively you can listen to the excerpt below!

The cover, with art by Philipp Urlich, was revealed some months ago; it features Destina, flanked by Tasslehoff Burrfoot and a dwarf called Wolfstone, who comes from Thorbardin. Behind them is Saber, a copper dragon.

The novel trilogy is not connected to the Dragonlance D&D hardcover coming from WotC later this year

9781984819321__1___2_.jpg

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
HERE. WE. GO! 😁 🖤

[Edit after reading. Contains spoilers!] OK. This reads... Pretty well. Love that the protagonist is a child of Solamnia (obviously!) and I really like that her mother is not from Solamnia. The idea of a young, would-be Squire of the Crown adventuring back in time is really appealing to me, especially so when Destina's main character conflict seems to be her respect for Solamnic tradition and her disregard for the Disappeared Gods. August can't come soon enough! 😊

Last edited:

what kind of dragon is that? assuming its a red but very different design?
Looks metallic to me. Copper or brass, I'd say. Maybe gold.

Speaking of the cover, I still can't get over how weird the characters' heights are. Is Destina supposed to be really short? Is Tasslehoff especially tall for a kender? What's going on here?

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
"To her left is a new character, a mysterious dwarf named Wolfstone from the kingdom of Thorbardin. Behind them stands the equally mysterious copper dragon named Saber."

From the Polygon article/interview/extract linked above ;)

Remove ads

Remove ads