• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Real zombies with malaria?!?

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Should a real news site like the BBC play april fools jokes? Do they even have april fools in England.

Roudi

First Post
Just because it looks like a BBC webpage does not mean the BBC is responsible for it.

The biggest giveaway is the URL. It is an IP address and does not contain "www.bbc.co.uk".

One thing about the internet is that it is very easy to copy another website's appearance. Great Aprill Fool's pranks look like something official. Plus, this isn't the first time I've seen a "BBC article" that was a prank... last year a "BBC article" reported that Britney Spears had been severely injured in a car crash. No such event occured.

Pranks should be funny. I don't think faking the injury of a famous person is funny, unless it was something like Britney Spears, driving the Batmobile, being hit by a drunk driver, and then proceeding to jump out and beat up the drunk driver with her Batgirl kung fu training.

Hmm. Britney Spears as Batgirl?

By the way, I know what April Fool's prank EN World is going to run next year. If you ask nicely, I'll give you a hint.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Oh Great and All Powerful and Knowing Ranger Wickett Sir could you if it so pleases you to share your knowledge of the April Fool's joke.

Does that work for you?

Zander

Explorer
Aeson said:
Do they even have april fools in England.
Yes. April Fools is 'celebrated' throughout the UK, not just England.

It is also observed in France and probably elsewhere in Europe. The Japanese don't observe it AFAIK but I could be wrong about that.

Aeson said:
Should a real news site like the BBC play april fools jokes?
The BBC does play April Fools but usually they're pretty obvious. I don't know if they have them on their site.

diaglo

Adventurer
Zander said:
Yes. April Fools is 'celebrated' throughout the UK, not just England.

It is also observed in France and probably elsewhere in Europe. The Japanese don't observe it AFAIK but I could be wrong about that.

The BBC does play April Fools but usually they're pretty obvious. I don't know if they have them on their site.
my favorite from ages ago was the one with the ladies harvesting noodles from trees in italy.

Remove ads