• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reality's Teeth

Hand of Horus

First Post
I am running a campaign in which four swords, called Reality's Teeth, in which the swords, each bound to and incarnating the primal forces of reality (Good, Evil, Chaos, and Law) are being sought. I am basing the sword of Evil off of Stormbringer (Don't hate me. Just a fan. =D), with the sword of Good is basically the opposite but as for the swords of Chaos and Law. I'm head-dead.

I was thinking, Law might weaken or dispel magic in it's area, (as magic is reshaping the universe from what it should be), and prevent shape shifting, et cetera of any sort.

The sword of Chaos might cause magic to go awry, and cause other things to change unpredictably, like skin color, plant growth rates, the weather, hormones, anything and everything.

Those are my ideas. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please toss 'em out there. These are artifact level weapons, so nothing is too powerful. They should be sentient, as well.

In addition, all of these weapons, in the end, will have a price for being wielded. (Such as Stormbringer forcing Elric to kill his friends and loved ones.) So, curses associated with these swords are needed too. (And remember, Law isn't neccasarily Good, and Chaos isn't always Evil.)

Thanks for your help in advance!

And - Sorry for the run-on sentences. Been a long day. :heh:

FEADIN

Explorer
Hand of Horus said:
No one has anything? :(
For the Chaos part you can look at the chaos beast powers.
For the four parts you can look at the planes and the way they influence those who live here or those who travel.
The lawful one can force the wielder to be very lawful (as the rod of 7 parts), the chaos one can be very tolerant for the wielder but sometimes provoques a kind of madness.

Tauric

First Post
Well, for Lawful, it could allow the wielder to have True Seeing, or it could project a Zone of Truth, or it could force the wielder to always tell the truth (even when it would put the wielder in danger). Perhaps, when facing Chaotic foes, the sword will not let the wielder quit the battle, forcing him/her to fight until death.

For Chaos, there could be a % chance (whatever number you want) that the sword will Teleport itself away from its current wielder. It could also confer the ability to re-roll any d20 roll x times/day. Perhaps this last power extends to forcing the DM to re-roll as well. (A campaign I recently played in used Fate Points, an one use was to force the DM to re-roll. Saved many a life, making him re-roll crits.)

Full disclosure: I used Shieldbreaker and Coinspinner for inspiration.

Remove ads