• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reaper 9-25

DonTadow

First Post
Thought I"d add this thread to discuss this show. I was really impressed with it. It entertained me much more than Chuck despite both shows having a similiar premise. Reaper seamed to take itself a little less serious and thus was a little more fun for me. Plus the sci-fi element was a tad bit stronger.

DonTadow

First Post
Fast Learner said:
I thought it was cute, but not great. I'll certainly give it another couple of shots, though.

How is it like Chuck?
two middle management workers who work retail and hate their job.
One of them gets an extraordinary super power.
Both are "geek" types
both have the fat best friend whose super lazy and even more of a loser
Both have leads whom have struck out in love
both have similiar "catch this bad guy" plots.

Surely not great, but it kept my interest.

Insight

Adventurer
I liked it. Definitely caught the "Kevin Smith" moments. Likeable. We'll see how much of a leash it has. The CW is far more forgiving than say, the big 4.

Wycen

Explorer
I liked it. Reminded me of Brimstone on Fox. The lead actor's appearance made me google his previous show on Fox, The Loop, which was cancelled apparently.

Grymar

Explorer
I really enjoyed this. The crime-fighting outfits they came up with were great, especially the smoke detector on the arm. I have high hopes for this one.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I went in not expecting much. I had the Brimstone idea and figured they would do something horible with it much like the rest of TV. Instead I was overwhelmingly surprised. I now consider this by far the best new series on TV and I hope it keeps up to the standards of the pilot. If it does this will likely be one of the few must see series for me.

Darth Shoju

First Post
So far, of the new fall series, I've watched Chuck, Reaper, and Big Bang Theory. While they all had their moments, Reaper was my favourite so far. It was really funny and has a pretty strong cast. It's hard to say on TV how much of that was due to Kevin Smith (I'm a huge fan of his), but I'll stick around to see what is going on.

satori01

First Post
A very clever show. If you like black humor, this show has it in spades. Ray Wise as the Devil is great. As the Chemistry of the actors gets better, the show will really take off.
I saw this after watching the Bionic Woman on TV, and I have to say it really put into perspective how poor the writing was for BW.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads