• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter

Holy Bovine

First Post
I have never painted minis before (part of my initial hesitation to pledge in), so I included sets 1, 2 & 3 in my pledge amount. However, I'm kind of worried it won't be enough paint to all those minis...
How many sets do you think will be necessary for, at least, the basic Vampire-level minis?
I'd better go read some painting tutorials between now and next March...

You actually use a surprisingly tiny amount of paint for each mini. The fact that Bones don't need primer is a huge plus too. I would worry more about having a good depth of palate than having multiples of 'high use' colours. Especially since you won't really know what colours you're going to use the most of until you get into.

Also keep in mind that while watching tutorials is good practice is the only way to improve. I would start painting something as soon as your paints arrive in September - Reaper does have other Bones models available.

Edit: Also, I've been told in another forum that this won't be possible, but I wish that the forthcoming Reaper Pledge Manager would allow to swap other minis besides the Sophie one. Myself, I couldn't care less for the Chronoscope minis, but would gladly add the Orcpocalypse set, or another one of the big ones :)

You should check out the trade thread over on Reaper's board. Bound to have some people interested in those Chronoscope models. I doubt anyone is going to trade you a dragon for them but some select models that come with the Vampire level maybe.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Here's the source. Kickstarter Discussion Thread - Reaper Message Board - Page 167

They do not want to promote it too highly, because money added after the kickstarter ends does not unlock goals, and won't help bring in new buzz and new backers.

thanks! That was the quote I was going off of. Like Reaperbryan said though - they would much rather have you pledge what you are willing to spend now. It's the onyl way more goals are going to open up. The '$1 pledge then up it to $100' is an extreme example, imo, I figure you are much more likely to see people thinking - 'well I'm in for the $100 but just $25 gets me an awesome Dracolich! I'm going for it!'.

czak

First Post
I have a feeling that the pledge manager will also allow non kickstarter folks an opportunity to join the fun - but not at such a great deal. They will be attending pax and doing a lot of paint and takes - it would be silly to say "oh, we just had a kickstarter, but you missed it, wait until march to give us money" - and reaper doesn't seem to be silly :).

czak

First Post
The next goal is free giants for everyone at the vampire level:

KS_2m060kGoal_Green.jpg

KS_StormGiantsReward.jpg

Wow right now they are only $10,000 away from the $1.79 million goal. That should be hit in the next hour or so by how fast this thing is going.

Any bets on what they will eventually end at?

I'm in for $2.3 million.

My guess is $2.5m. If anything, I think I may be underestimating the final amount. It is certainly rolling along at great speed now.

Olaf the Stout

Holy Bovine

First Post
My guess is $2.5m. If anything, I think I may be underestimating the final amount. It is certainly rolling along at great speed now.

Olaf the Stout

I want it to top $3,336,371. Why? Because then it will be #3 on the all time Kickstarter list! I know it can't hit #2 (over $8 million) but it would be awesome to see a small private company like Reaper get this.

Gulla

Adventurer
In case others haven't seen this from the Reaper thread. This is the breakdown of Minis and what they are worth at retail. Just mouse-over to see what each mini is.

So my Vampire 100$ gets me over 1000$ worth of minis. PLUS 26 new ones and a limited edition Sophie? :D:D:D

And most of my extra money also gives me around 75% off current prices.

I really can't afford to save more money now... ;):cool:

Remove ads