• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter

frankthedm

First Post
Yep, I finally failed my Will save and went in on this as well. In for $150 at the Vampire level. Planning on the two paint sets, picked up a jabberwocky for a friend and trying to decide what to swap Sophie out for. Tempted by the case actually, but that seems boring. But not sure how to store all of these things once I get them.
You could get Nethyrmaul and then just make your own case.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
"But Wait, There's More!"

Watching this Kickstarter is like watching a Ronco infomercial.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUR5fB1esxA]22 Minutes: But Wait There's More - YouTube[/ame](Not actually a Ronco infomercial.)

Dice4Hire

First Post
This kickstarter is a monster.

Reaper Bones Kickstart Attack: +200some vs Will (it hits unless it rolls a 1)
Hit: 100 damage and ongoing 10 damage until maximum budget reached.
Aftereffect: target takes 10 damage per round until end of campaign.
Miss: Target is depressed until end of campaign, and suffers vulnerable 10 against any future Reaper Bones Kickstart Attacks.

Get Reaper some new dice. It missed everyone in my group!

You actually use a surprisingly tiny amount of paint for each mini. The fact that Bones don't need primer is a huge plus too. I would worry more about having a good depth of palate than having multiples of 'high use' colours. Especially since you won't really know what colours you're going to use the most of until you get into.

Also keep in mind that while watching tutorials is good practice is the only way to improve. I would start painting something as soon as your paints arrive in September - Reaper does have other Bones models available.
Great! I already thought that with sets 1, 2 and 3 I would have a good array of colors to start with, but I'm seriously thinking about adding set #4 to broaden it even more, and also since there are going to be quite a few sci-fi figures to paint.

You should check out the trade thread over on Reaper's board. Bound to have some people interested in those Chronoscope models. I doubt anyone is going to trade you a dragon for them but some select models that come with the Vampire level maybe.
Unfortunately I don't think that will be an option for me, since I'm not in the US or the UK, where trading will be more likely to happen. If I could, I would gladly trade the Chronoscope and sci-fi figures for undead hordes, goblins or orcpocalypse. You know, rank & file figures for the PCs to slaughter :)

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Nice! 10,000% funded!

With there next goal at another 340,000... it seems hard to believe they will make that...

I would think at this point they would do better to add some high-value options to drive current pledgers to pledge more, instead of relying (seemingly) on another 3,400 New Pledges at the vampire level.

(I'm not really complaining, the free add-ons have been awesome! But I haven't upped my pledge since the gargantuan undead dragon.)

In any case, congrats Reaper!

Jupp

Explorer
In the last few hours there was about 1000$ per minute in pledges. If this keeps going like that with some more then they will make that. It seems crazy but somehow possible; and I would not be surprised if they go even higher than that.

Some days ago I said they would not reach 1.7 mil.... oh well *eats his shoes*

Alarian

First Post
Currently at $3.145 Mil and the Familiar level was just "achieved" even through we're not at 3.34 yet. They've added the next stretch goal. It looks to be an undead dragon for an extra $10 to your vampire/undertaker pledge.

Remove ads