• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rebel Alliance: Freedom Fighters(1 Spot Still Open!! See Post #140)

Angcuru said:
Hmm...would there perchance be a tobacconist nearby? I think some cigar-chomping is in order for this guy. :]
...and let the smoke give away the rest of the group? Heh, he can live :p

So - is one of those 2-3 more! slots still open?

I think I'd definately like to get in on some Star Warsing.

Yep, still open. You're welcome to join in, just get a character concept and some stats for me to approve. :)

Angcuru

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Jonas Mentel
[B]Class:[/B] Soldier
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Str:[/B] 11 +0      [B]Level:[/B] 3      [B]XP:[/B] 3,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 18 +4      [B]BAB:[/B] +3       [B]WP:[/B] 14
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2      [B]Grapple:[/B] +3   [B]VP:[/B] 28 
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0      [B]Speed:[/B] 10m    [B]Current VP/WP:[/B] 28/14
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0      [B]Init:[/B] +4      [B]Force Points:[/B] 3
[B]Cha:[/B]  8 -1      [B]ACP:[/B] -3       [B]Reputation:[/B] +1

[B]Base  Class Dex  Size  Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Defense:[/B]            10    +4    +4   +X    +X    +X    18
[B]Touch:[/B] 14              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14
[B]Armor DR:[/B] 3

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]               3      +2   +X     5
[B]Ref:[/B]                1      +4   +X     5
[B]Will:[/B]               1      +0   +X     1

[B]Weapon                      Attack   Damage  Critical  Range[/B]
BlasTech A280 "The Thunderer"   +8      3d8+3     19-20    30m
- Modified: Rapid Shot penalty reduced to -1/attack
Multishot +6/+6
Rapid Shot +7/+7
Both +5/+5/+5

Frag Grenade                    +4      4d6+1     20      4m(4m)

[B]Languages:[/B]
[i]Speak:[/i] Basic
[i]Read/Write:[/i] Basic

[B]Faction Sympathies:[/B] Rebel Alliance +2

[B]Abilities:[/B]Alliance Army: +2 bouns Spot and Listen checks

[B]Feats:[/B] Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Multishot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus: Blaster Rifle

[B]Skill Points:[/B]  24       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                 Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Craft Blaster              6    +0     +0     +6
Demolitions                6    +0     +0     +6
Intimidate                 2    -1     +0     +1
Knowledge (Tactics)        6    +0     +0     +6
Listen                     0    +0     +2     +2
Pilot			   2    +4     +0     +6
Spot                       0    +0     +2     +2
Treat Injury               2    +0     +0     +2

[B]Equipment:            Cost  Weight[/B]
Blastech A280          2275cr  6.7kg
Combat Jumpsuit       1,500cr    8kg
Frag Grenadex2          500cr  0.5kg
Medpac                  100cr    1kg
Power Pack x20           25cr  0.1kg 

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 18.2kg      [B]Money:[/B] 225cr

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy   Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]            19     38   57.5   115   287.5

[B]Age:[/B] 34
[B]Height:[/B] 6'2"
[B]Weight:[/B] 200lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Grey
[B]Hair:[/B] n/a
[B]Skin:[/B] Dark

Appearance: Jonas appears appears to be a tall, wirey, and aggressive, with a very dark tan (Think Predator-style Jesse Ventura with much less musculature). Everything about him screams "I love guns". When he isn't doing anything in particular, he's usually sitting somewhere out of the way, polishing his rifle and muttering incoherently under his breath.

Background: Jonas is gruff, tough, and loves his guns. If there was a magazine titled "Laser Weapons Fanatic", Jonas would have two subscriptions. He started off as a gun for hire in the mid rim, as part of a mercenary group that worked primarily for the Empire, softening up entrenched targets on embattled worlds to make the stormtroopers' work easier. On his last mission for said group to Garos IV, they ran afoul of a Rebel strike team which had prepared an ambush for them. Jonas was the only survivor, and given the choice of a quick execution, or working for the Alliance, he chose the Alliance. Although his only true loyalty is to money (or battle, depending on his mood), his word is his bond, and he serves in the Alliance on the sole condition that they keep his blaster rifle busy. As a former Imperial employee, his inside knowledge of how Imperial teams work has proven useful. Jonas has a habit of taking his custom blaster rifle with him everywhere he goes, often polishing it unnecessarily.

Last edited:

Here's what I got from a quick look over, I'll do a more detailed look at the stats tommorrow.

-Language isn't Common. Its Basic. :)

-List the Specialty and the bonus you chose from it for reference

-You seem to have calculated skills at one level higher(max ranks should be 6, not 7 at 3rd level). If this affects anything else, I'll be able to tell later when I'm more awake than I am now.

Angcuru

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Here's what I got from a quick look over, I'll do a more detailed look at the stats tommorrow.

-Language isn't Common. Its Basic. :)

-List the Specialty and the bonus you chose from it for reference

-You seem to have calculated skills at one level higher(max ranks should be 6, not 7 at 3rd level). If this affects anything else, I'll be able to tell later when I'm more awake than I am now.
oooh, right right. that would just be the skills, i did those in a hurry.

Allright. This would be my first PBP game and first Star Wars game if i join... I don't have the SW core rules, but if there's an SRD I'll make a character. I'm a horrible Star Wars nerd, and a hydrospanner is basically a Star Wars high-power wrench. So, I looked around and realized there's no SW SRD, so I'll try to borrow the book if i can.

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
The system isn't complicated, with the only major differences between SWD20 and D20 in general are classes, feats, skills, and the vitality/wounds system.

Last edited:

Angcuru said:
I think I've found something you could use until you you get the books.

The system isn't complicated, with the only major differences between SWD20 and D20 in general are classes, feats, skills, and the vitality/wounds system.
First off that link doesn't work...second, please remove it. I don't know what it is, but it can't, in any way, be legal.

Sadly, if you don't have the books, you can't be helped, as SWd20 isn't Open Content and does not have an SRD.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads