• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rebel Alliance: Freedom Fighters II

Turanil

First Post
Major Trual'Nuin - Duros 3rd. level Noble

Once the starship has entered hyperspace, Trual'Nuin leaves his seat, scratches his head, then says:

- "Well, it's certain we can land on Mos Easley with an imperial shuttle and not be asked any question despite we really don't look like imperials. Most of the people there won't mind, if they notice at all. However, there will remain enough of bounty hunters and who not to try to sell the info to the Empire. So we should better be wary..."

Trual'Nuin pauses, obviously thinking, then continues

- "On the other hand... Maybe we could don our imperial disguises, stormtrooper armor and all. Not only this would probably not attract the attention of potential informants, but maybe those same informants would be willing to sell us some useful info, believing we are imperials. Just we don't have money to pay them..."

Thanee

First Post
Lt. Lyss Arkess, SpyNet infiltrator

Lyss reaches for the holstered blaster and attaches it to her belt.

“Thank you, lieutenant, feeling hundred percent more secure now.”

Angcuru

First Post
"Hmmm...I don't know how well that would work. An imperial disguise will only do so much for someone who is obviously not human. It would be best to split up, with us humans doing the imperial routine while you others go about collecting intel the traditional way. I don't think bribes would be quite necessary if we're in Imperial uniform though, considering that any resistance against Imperial officers and troopers is likely to result in a quick execution..." Jonas said. He sat in a corner, disassembling and cleaning his standard issue E-11 and giving a set of Stormtrooper armor a quick polish. "Hmm...wish I had the materials to give this thing some extra kick."

RobotRobotI

First Post
Selus sits in his chair, hunched over his surgical kit which he's balancing precariously on his knees. "They did a terrible job of organizing this," he mutters to nobody in particular. "The bacta salve is buried at the bottom! The time it'd take me to dig that up could mean life or death!"

He looks up at his allies, and shrugs. "Just thinking out loud, I suppose."

Turanil

First Post
Major Trual'Nuin - Duros 3rd. level Noble

Trual'Nuin is walking around trying to find some briliant idea. Hearing Selus he replies:

- "But you have time to re-organize it properly before we reach Tatooine, don't you?"

Then, coming back to the subject of their mission:

- "Well, once we have landed, let those who can easily pretend to be imperials go out into the open and investigate. We, the non-humans, will wait until dark and will go out of the vessel discreetly. We don't need to inform any spy..."

Vendetta

First Post
"I'll take the local cantena and see what intel I can gather there." Dol says hoping that it might have a few boozy beverages befitting a Kel Dor.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Without looking up from his work, Selus speaks up: "Mos Eisley, you said? I suppose I could visit the Dune Sea - supposing I could find a Sandcrawler, I'm sure the Jawas would be able to help."

Angcuru

First Post
"Jawas...I hate those things. Beady eyed little pickpockets trying to steal everything you don't have welded down and then try to sell it right back to you at double the market price." Jonas snorted contemptively. "If you want to deal with them, that's your choice. But don't expect me to play nice." The former merc wiped down the focusing lense on his disassembled E-11 to a spotless sheen, and checked the power pack for what was probably the fiftieth time.

"How long 'till we get to the action, pilot?"

RobotRobotI

First Post
Selus's eyes dart up at 'don't expect me to play nice.' "Don't go shooting things for no reason," he states, "Especially not if you can help it. I don't want to have to deal with someone who shouldn't've been hurt in the first place."

((Moving things right along...oh, and please kick me. Meant to mention earlier that the Sentinel you guys are in is unnamed, and you should feel free to give her a name.))

The hyperspace jump took a long four hours. Truthfully, that was very fast considering you were crossing a large amount of the galaxy, but it was still slow in the context of what you had to do. Things being so time sensitive, it was almost insane that you were being sent when there had to be someone else closer by. But maybe not...things were always stretched thin and the Rebellion made do with what it had.

When the hyperspace chrono finally wound down to zero, the hyperspace levers were pulled back and the blue tunnel quickly reverted to the black, white pocketed view that was so normal. Off a long way to the starboard side of the ship, two stars, one orange and one more of reddish colour hovered. They weren't nearly as small as most of the white dots, but they were still only fist sized as best. You could vaguely point out a few of the planets in the system, but thankfully it wasn't any trouble bringing the ship in a course towards Tatooine...which was just a small brown dot, barely any bigger than the white stars at the moment.

But the system was far from empty. The sensors were overloaded with little blips, all but a few displaying an Imperial IFF signal. Many of them were distant, centered around where Tatooine was, but there were a few smaller groups all over the system. Not only was the desert planet blockaded, but from the looks of it, the entire Outer Rim fleet was locking the system down.

And then, almost suddenly, the comm beeped once before the voice of a young male, with a distinctly Coruscanti accent cut into the cockpit, "Unnidentified transport, this is the Conquest. Transmit your clearance code and state your orders for being here, or power down your engines and prepare to be boarded. You have two minutes before a patrol reaches your location. If you do not comply within that time, you will be destroyed."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads