Rebel Alliance: Freedom Fighters

Vendetta

First Post
Perhaps I could get a few pointers from our former Emperial pilots on some of the various ships, should need come that we might have to fly one. The Kel Dor says.

Turanil

First Post
Major Trual'Nuin - duros noble (3rd lvl)

- "Excellent idea Dol Tarin, try to get those pointers as soon as you can. Now lets approach the planet and scan around the area we must sneak into."

And so the assault transport begins to scan the planet's surface in the vicinity of the area where the rebellious imperials are entranched. We want to get a map of the place, and discern not only the terrain and batiments we must sneak into; but also nearby hills, forests, and of course a starport or landing platform where we could steal an imperial ship. Trual'Nuin then says:

- "I guess that if we land on a starport, there could be some imperials here to "greet" us. We could maybe land there, then go outside with Lyss Arkess and myself disguised as imperials, while our esteemed wookie would pretend to be a prisoner for a few moments. Nonetheless, I suggest that the X-Wings try to find an uninhabited area to land, preferably a forest."

Then our starships enter the planet's atmosphere, going down into the closest clouds we can find (to hide our presence), then approching our landing point (determined after scanning the area) by flying very low to escape radars...

[OOC: Vendetta and Ferrix, could you put your PC's name and class in the post's title, as we do please? For me it's easier to understand which character is speaking; especially since my browser doesn't let me read the character sheets in "code" format, so I don't know who is who... Thanks.]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lt. Lyss Arkess, SpyNet infiltrator

“Landing on the starport!? That's bold, but maybe not the best idea, major. I would prefer to sneak in from the outside, where we do not alarm the whole crew at once,” Lyss comments.

Turanil

First Post

- "I believed this is what you wanted to do! I thought the idea not bad, provided we would succeed in bluffing the imperials there. Something like: "We intercepted a Rebel detachment, and fought them. Our loss were great, we are the only survivors and we lost our ship. However we won, got theirs, and made a prisoner. NOW, we will use the opportunity: we take this prisoner for interrogation, to know where hide other Rebel, then we come back here with a squad, take their ship to deceive them, enter their base and attack. We must do this quickly for success, so keep ready the place for when we come back with a full contingent of our soldiers." If the Bluff succeeds, when we come back with the fifty guys, we will be able to leave unhindered. What do you think?"

Trual'Nuin looks back at the scanners.

- "Nonetheless, we must before all scan the area and get precise info before anything else..."

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post

“I'm just worried, that they might be able to see through our bluff immediately, since we have no proper codes to identify ourselves, or a proper imperial starship even, and that could turn the whole operation into a disaster. Then even the best disguise in the world cannot help us convince them. It's an all or nothing approach. Oh, and no, when I said we should be looking for the starport, I didn't mean to imply, that we should land there, just in the vincinity.”

Lyss then just nods to the last comment with the scanners.

Karl Green

First Post
2nd Lt. Gorwooken, wookie scout

Gorken looks over the scanners to find not only a starport but any woods that would be near by. The best would also maybe be by a mountain range where we could bring the ships in from behind them for part of the way.

[occ] not sure what skill would be for sensor use, maybe Computer +1, Search +2 or Pilot +3 (although it should be based off INT instead of DEX I would think for that roll, in which case would get +2) [/occ]

((Scanner are Computer Use.))

The scanners picked up nothing until they reached much closer to the planet. Once you've finally neared the atmosphere, you can see a large mountain range with your eyes. The fact that it is this visible from space confirms its size. When Gorken checks the scanners, he confirms that not only do the mountains stretch completely across the poles, but end closer to the western edge of the planet.

There are few buildings that pick up on the scanners, none of them large enough to be hangars or landing platforms. Though towards the Western edge where the mountains end, the scanner picks up a large series of objects which you can't identify. There is no sign of the actual facility on this side of the planet.

Thanee

First Post

Lyss moves over to the control panels besides Gorken and takes a look at the scanners herself. Considering, that conversations with the wookie are pretty one-sided, she decided that it would be better to see the data with her own eyes.

“Hey, big fella, let me have a look, too, yes?”

Turanil

First Post

Trual'Nuin looks over Lyss' shoulder.

- "Hum, where is exactly the building we must sneak into? We are not going to land in the mountains if it is hundreds of miles away from it! And we need a map of a 10 x 10 miles zone of the place. I don't want us to run there blindly!"

[OOC: By map I mean a photo taken by the scanner that i put into my datapad.]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post

“As soon as it is on our scanners, I'll let you know. Maybe we'll have to search on the other side of the planet?”

Remove ads