Rebel Alliance: Freedom Fighters

As the ships begin to enter the atmosphere of Carida, the scanners start detecting smaller, more scattered buildings all across the mountains. Cross referencing this with basic information in the ship's computer on the planet, it seems that these are not the main facility, but instead the large amount of rigorous training areas across the more dangerous sections of the planet.

However, the large amount of buildings near the edge of the mountain ranges soon pick up as more than they seemed from space. Defenses. In fact, it looks to be a large array of turbolaser batteries set up in a spread out section just as the mountains begin. Currently, none of them seem to have taken notice of you.

Turanil

First Post
Major Trual'Nuin - duros noble (3rd lvl)

Trual'Nuin looks through the window far balow, then the screens.

- "Hum, we still need to find the building surrounded by storm trooper that we are supposed to enter. So lets find it, take a shot to get a map*, and by the way fly near the ground to not attract attention of the detection systems. After all, the turbolasers are meant to fire up in the sky."

Then, the starship goes down closer to the planetary surface.

[OOC: By map I mean a photo taken by the scanner that I put into my datapad.]

Thanee

First Post
Lt. Lyss Arkess, SpyNet infiltrator

“I'm not sure, maybe we are still on the wrong side of that mountain range, or even the planet. But we should gather the information we get on the way for the Rebel command, like the position of the defense systems, might prove useful in the future. And please do not fly too close to those turbolasers. Don't really want to mess with 'em. I'll meanwhile try to find more structures with the scanners, as does our wookie friend, as it seems.”

Then Lyss addresses the wookie directly: “Do you at least understand us?” With a shrug, she adds. “Just nod, if you do.”

Karl Green

First Post
2nd Lt. Gorwooken, wookie scout

Gorken growls deep in his throat and nods. He then types onto a nearby computer display that Arkess can see

"Yes, I understand Basic just fine. Thanks for asking"

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Va Dien skirts the left flank of the larger transport with his X-Wing, listening to the occasional chatter over the com, he surveys his instruments and a brief mental image of him wheeling through the sky dodging the laserblasts of those turbolaster batteries flits through his head, but then he snaps back into his cockpit. Oh if only...

As the three ships passed over the first lines of defenses, it was obvious that there was a very strange lack of activity below. There were many buildings, low towers, and sensor devices scattered throughout the sprawling complex, yet none of the defenses took any notice of your passing directly through.

And then, you passed over a familiar sight. One of the assault transports that had been used as a decoy and offloaded troops was resting on top of a building. No sign of activity could be seen, but it was likely that the troops had unloaded and were inside doing their diversion job.

Not far ahead, the buildings began to grow in size. These were soon identified as the main hangars, and the map you had been given was of this very location. Not far from the raised buildings of the hangars(which all had blast doors closed to prevent entrance), was the building from which the ventilation shaft began. Upon passing over, it was apparent that the shaft must go down much farther than the map showed, considering how far the building had to go down before it was underground.

Sensors were also able to pick up a long tunnel passing out to the north. It was likely the sewage tunnel.

Thanee

First Post

“Looks like we found our destination. Now we should find a good place to land and hide this ship,” Lyss comments, while pointing on the sensor image and explaining what everything is. “We still want to head for the hangars first? Looks like their ships are all on interior landing places, no open platforms, where a quick escape would be possible, which makes the whole idea even more risky.”

Turanil

First Post
Major Trual'Nuin - duros noble (3rd lvl)

- "Well, lets land near the entrance of the sewage tunnel. How unfortunate we cannot steal an imperial starship..."

Thanee

First Post

“Maybe we'll find another way... For now, let's concentrate on finding the defectors.”

Karl Green

First Post
2nd Lt. Gorwooken, wookie scout

Gorken nods his head in agreement and gives an low growl as he watches over the sensors for any sight of Imperials (enemy ships, gun emplacements, etc)...

Remove ads