Recent Star Wars Saga chat session with designers

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:
I'd be very glad to see something which concentrates on the film 'level of power' rather than the EU 'level of power', FWIW. That's the star wars I fell in love with in the 70's :)

See I always felt the film level of power alluded to something greater. I always felt that Vader was holding back when fighting Luke and was only struck down when Luke took him by surprise in Jedi. Likewise, I felt the emperor was defeated only because Vader caught him by surprise. Which Dark Empire also hints at. After all, the Emperor's consciousness fled his destroyed body in spirit form and took control of a clone on Byss after his "death".

And I also felt Yoda was displaying merely a fraction of his power to encourage Luke when lifting the X-wing. He was also becoming old and tired easily. Dark Empire is basically the emperor at full power and Luke was able to finally reveal the true power of an experienced and veteran Jedi.

About the only scene in the prequels that I liked at all was the duel with Darth Maul. Otherwise, I felt that the prequel Jedi were total wusses with the exception of Samuel Jackson, who managed to display the appropriate level of gravitas and quiet intimidation that a Jedi of his power should exude.

Shane H

First Post
Here are some other parts of the game (besides tallying skill ranks) that, to me, feel like filling out taxes:

1) Keeping track of credits and wealth. Any chance of using something like the d20 Modern Wealth system?

2) Keeping track of carrying capacity (for characters) and cargo capacity (for vehicles and ships). Any chance of having a less granular encumbrance system?

3) Grappling. It'd be neat if grappling wasn't any more complicated than regular melee combat.

S. Travis

Remove ads