• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommendations for Web/Email Hosting

Sam

First Post
I'm so totally tired of the email support being provided by my ISP (Optimum Online). I'm at the point where I want more than 4 mailboxes, and basic spam protection would be nice. If I had the ability, I'd eventually get around to moving my tripod page my own domain too.

Anyone have any Email/Web Hosting providers that they can recommend? Just want something for my family use, not planning on running a business on the site or anything. There seems to be a bunch of relatively inexpensive providers out there, but I have know idea if any of them are any good.

Thanks.

Ayrk

First Post
Sam said:
I'm so totally tired of the email support being provided by my ISP (Optimum Online). I'm at the point where I want more than 4 mailboxes, and basic spam protection would be nice. If I had the ability, I'd eventually get around to moving my tripod page my own domain too.

Anyone have any Email/Web Hosting providers that they can recommend? Just want something for my family use, not planning on running a business on the site or anything. There seems to be a bunch of relatively inexpensive providers out there, but I have know idea if any of them are any good.

Thanks.

I strongly recommend Jatol.com. For only $30 a year you get 100meg, up to 10 mailboxes, spam filtering software, SQL, and 1 gig of bandwith per month. I switched my personal website and email to it and haven't been happier.

Sam

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them all out when I get home tonight. Question from a newbie: Do they do the whole domain name registration and everything? Is it as simple as signing up online, telling them what domain name I want (and assuming it's available) and then I'm up and running?

Sam

First Post
Grazzt said:
After looking at all the suggestions, it looks like this one has the best comination of features at a very reasonable price. Grazzt, have you ever had any problems with them? Do you use their POP accounts? One more thing, can you access your email via the web?

Thanks. --Sam

Sam

First Post
I signed up for superuser.net last night. Did the cheapest program, which was $47.40 for one year, including domain name registration. Unlimited POP accounts, 500mb disk space and 12gigs a month bandwith.

The domain name registration hasn't taken effect yet, but the account was activated by the time I checked my email this morning. I've got an IP address and have already set up a bunch of email accounts. Couldn't be easier.

I look forward to setting up a basic vanity site for my family to use and my extended family to enjoy.

So far, I can't say enough about what you get for less than $50/year. Especially since my Optimum Online account his having continual email problems.

Remove ads