• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Record of the Lodoss War -- I need some help

Gnome Berzerker

First Post
I have an old VHS copy of "The Record of the Lodoss War," but it's getting really worn out, and the subtitles are really hard to read now. So I decided to go out and order the series on DVD. My VHS copy was made for me by a friend who I have no way of getting in contact with anymore.

I ordered "Record of the Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight." on DVD. This is not the same thing that I own on VHS. This story seems to take place some time after the VHS story that I have. It's got some new characters, including a young sorcerer and a pretty cool berzerker. My only complaint is there's a little 5 minute skit inbetween each episode done in really cheesy looking anime/manga style (not the cool look I'm used to with "Lodoss" stuff).

Anyway, while I'll no doubt enjoy this new story (that I didn't even know existed), what's the official title of the original "Record of the Lodoss War" storyline? I'd really like to own a DVD copy of that as well.

TIA

Darth Shoju

First Post
I've got the original series on DVD and love it. I've been dying to snag the second series on DVD, but all I've got so far is one of the VHS tapes. There's also The Legend of Crysannia although that is only vaguely related to Lodoss War (Ashram is in it), although it's cool on its own merits.

But Tsyr was right, the first series is just called Record of Lodoss War.

mooby

First Post
Both series' are very good, although I slightly prefer the original.

Too bad you don't like Lodoss Island, I find it quite amusing. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads