Recruiting Closed: MLeibrock's and Scotley's Wrath of the Righteous mid level game.

Fenris

Adventurer
I get the feels that running the game like a 4e game, that is, battles are set pieces rather than a room-to-room slag (though I guess 4e modules did both), could make for some cool fights.

Also, if we're Mythic characters, does that mean we should be expecting Mythic fights? We talking like Hercules-style hijinks? Because that would be amazing.

Also also, I don't grok the Mythic rules AT ALL, so I'm going to make a standard PC and would require some help after that.

I will likely stick with Halfling Bard, though which dials and toggles I fiddle with are undecided as yet.

Yeah, I don't fully grok it either, but I am on the path. Think of Mythic as a template. As a Campbell mythic role, or mythic journey. Which path will your Bard take to achieve his place in history, his place in mythology? It is a side set of "tiers" which function like levels but advance based upon facing Mythic challenges (think Labors of Heracles).

That said, yeah make your bard and we can all help. I would think that you would gravitate towards either the Trickster or Marshal Hero, depending on your ...emphasis and personalty of the bard.

Everyone gets some basic Mythic abilities though.

Shayuri

First Post
Bards could even use Archmage powers, but I'd think Marshal is the most squarely aimed one...and no one else is a Marshal, so you'd have a unique subplot.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
A Bard/Marshal "Leader" type, eh...

Yup.

With 8 people doing things per fight, I welcome the... um... opportunity to not be the aggressor. :)

I read up on some Bard archetypes and went coo-coo for Archivist, so that's what you're all getting. :D

Shayuri

First Post
*reads Archivist*

*hastily picks jaw up off the floor*

Dude. Between your insight bonuses, and my ranger's group bond bonuses, we'll have like +4 to hit, +2 damage against evil outsiders, and that's without any other buffs in place. And the archivist buffs defenses too!

That's crazy talk.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I've been reviewing Lia. Overall looks good and I am ready to approve her pending ML's review. I did not a couple of issues. The biggest is that both Riftwarden Orphan and Arcane Temper provide Trait bonuses to concentration checks. Those will not stack. They do provide other benefits so you need not change them, but you'll only get the larger +2 bonus from Riftwarden Orphan.

Given the nature of the adventure you really should pick a deity.

Have a name and gender for your familiar?

You don't list CMB (+2 I believe) or CMD (15 I believe).

You haven't taken so much a dagger for martial combat. Is that intentional or have you just not finished shopping yet?

A description would be good.

Now the good stuff. I like the background!

You may add 5 permanent hp and +2 to any skill. Please add the following to your Riftwarden Orphan trait:
Riftwarden Orphan (Archmage): The PC gains a +4 trait bonus on caster level checks to penetrate a demon's spell resistance. Once per day, she can recharge a charged magic item by expending one use of mythic power. Doing so adds a number of charges equal to 1d10 + her mythic tier to the item, up to its normal maximum number of charges.

Might want to use some of your remaining cash for a wand...

Oh and as Shayuri mentioned earlier, mage armor and bracers of armor both provide an armor bonus and thus do not stack. An amulet of natural armor will stack, but of course it costs more.

We worked on her a bunch last night to fix stuff and will probably finish her up tonight. Do you need one god or can there be two she follows?

Scotley, safe travels and enjoy Disney!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*reads Archivist*

*hastily picks jaw up off the floor*

Dude. Between your insight bonuses, and my ranger's group bond bonuses, we'll have like +4 to hit, +2 damage against evil outsiders, and that's without any other buffs in place. And the archivist buffs defenses too!

That's crazy talk.

but GOOD crazy!

By the way, pallys can channel positive energy.

mleibrock

First Post
Queenie,

I'm going over your character and there are a couple things that don't quite jive from where I sit maybe you can clarify:

1. - I see I don't see that you added an aasimar ability. Am I missing that? If you didn't, you might want to look into that.
2. - You have listed an ini of +4 but I am seeing a +3. Where is the other +1?
3. - I need you to choose a deity unles that patron is the tequilla god I've worshiped from the bathroom too many times. :)
3. - Lastly, I have the knock and invis scrolls at 300GP each, where did you see that they are 400?

You are going to be a force to be reckoned with when that dragon matures a bit. Love that you took Fireball and Mythic fireball - that is going to be fun for you!

Fenris

Adventurer
Queenie,

I'm going over your character and there are a couple things that don't quite jive from where I sit maybe you can clarify:

1. - I see I don't see that you added an aasimar ability. Am I missing that? If you didn't, you might want to look into that.
2. - You have listed an ini of +4 but I am seeing a +3. Where is the other +1?
3. - I need you to choose a deity unles that patron is the tequilla god I've worshiped from the bathroom too many times. :)
3. - Lastly, I have the knock and invis scrolls at 300GP each, where did you see that they are 400?

You are going to be a force to be reckoned with when that dragon matures a bit. Love that you took Fireball and Mythic fireball - that is going to be fun for you!

Hi ML,
Scotley asked some of the same and we are working on most of these.
1. Aasimar ability? What would that be?

2. The +1 is from the Arcane Temper Trait, but we are changing that as Scotley pointed out that the concentration bonus would not stack.

3. She chose Shelyn and Desna, we are working them into her background as well. Patron, Patrón Tequila :p

4. We have them at 200 gp each and she has two of each. Costs came from:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/scrolls

Shayuri

First Post
The +1 to initiative is from one of her traits, though she may want to trade that in for another one, since it has an overlapping bonus with her campaign trait.

Her aasimar power is Glitterdust, it's listed in the racial traits sblock, but one thing she does need to do is fix her Type. She's not Humanoid, she's Outsider (Native).

Knock and Invisibility are 150gp apiece, so 2 of them would be 300gp. However, if she bought them from a Sorceror, that's 200gp apiece, for a total of 400gp. Or if she bought them at a higher casterlevel than the minimum, she could bump the cost up a bit...

Remove ads