• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for a High Level Planescape Campaign (dead, see the last post, sorry)

A Crazy Fool

First Post
Cage-Rattler has inspired me to start a Planescape game too. The campaign's plot will change depending on the kinds of PCs I get. Regardless, the campaign will not be warm and fuzzy. No good characters. The focus will be on social interaction first, combat second.

A few notes:
-I'm not a brilliant writer, and I can't spell. Exceptional narratives aren't my strength.
-I will do my best to provide maps for every encounter.
-I expect a post per day from my players (within reason, obviously). I will do the same.
-A strong knowledge of the Planescape setting is required for this game. I may change some aspects of cannon to suit the nature of the setting.
-Unuasual characters are strongly encouraged (see character creation for houserules on this).
-I'm much more concerned with having fun than following the rules. If you want to do something really crazy just make sure you ask me first.

Character Creation:

-Starting level: 16th, 32 pt. buy, take average rounded up for HP (so 1d6 would be 4 and 1d12 would be 7), max HP at first level

-No Plueless characters. Unless your concept is utterly briliant, you character must be fairly familiar with the planes.

-You may buy down up to 1 point of level adjustment (using a 28 point buy instead of 32)

-Starting gold for a 16th level character

-alignment: any neutral or evil. extremely chaotic or insane characters will not fare very well

-Books alowed: MM, PHB, Planer Handbook, MoTP, PSCS releases (Find them on planewalker.com), Planewalker monster conversions (Also on planewalker.com), Complete arcane, complete warior, complete adventurer, XPH, unearthed arcana.

-Powerful characters: WOTC's level adjustment system is a failure. Period. If you want to play a powerful character check with me first. I'll figure out a way to make it work. A general guideline would be to create a CR 14 character (counting all class levels as asociated). This is subject to my eyeballing. I might require you to reduce your power level further.

-If you want to play something wierd like a talking hat, check with me.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Ah! Ah!

*raises hand wildly*

Can I try that tiefling beguiler concept in YOUR game? :)

I'm quite knowledgeable about Planescape canon, having bought the boxed set and a couple of supplements... The character would definitely be neutral in attitude, though her means are devious and underhanded and might qualify for an evil 'tilt.'

WarShrike

First Post
Thinking of an Elf or Halfling Half-Fiend Warlock. I agree that WOTC's LA system is a failure. How does your system work? Asking because i might make something else, something way out there.

Also, since Unearthed is mentionned, do you allow Traits or Flaws?

WarShrike

A Crazy Fool

First Post
I don't have the beguiler class, so I really don't know if you can or not.

I've not decided about party size, but I am comfortable with a larger group (which is probably good in this case). 5-6 players + a DMPC to walk into traps and provide more plot hooks.

I would also like a reasonably detailed list of your character's allies and enemies.

Again, really strange characters are encouraged. In annother Planescape campaign I'm running with a similar power level there is an LE kolyarut who wants to rule Baator, a falxugon (with a CHA score in the 30s)+bodyguard, a pschotic aasimar mass-murderer, an elan with multiple personalities, 2 arcanaloth twins who pretend to be LE, and a fiendish adu'jas druid with a genocidal hate on kender+his psychic pixie goon.

WarShrike:

I allow traits and flaws. If you want to make something out-there get whatever monster you want to play up to CR 14 and we'll go from there (either adding or removing levels). If you want to be a talking hat, we'll have to see. Really, I need to see what you want to play before I make any more concrete suggestions.

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
Hmmm. Am i correct in my math? A CR 14 Mindflayer has 7 class levels?

WarShrike

Edit: Oh, and how do you handle the 8d8 Racial HDs, average round up as for class levels?

ethandrew

First Post
Hmmm, I would like to try my hand at a Blue Slaad | Master of the Unseen Hand. They're only a CR 8 with 8 HD, +6 LA, so I'm not sure how many levels you'd allow me to have.

Remove ads