• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for High Level Gestalt

garlicnation

First Post
Wouldnt a periapat of wisdom +2 be more useful than gloves of dexterity. Besides giving me the ac bonus, it also gives me better spellcasting, or is there something I dont see. All the other stuff is being changed right now.

Wrahn

First Post
garlicnation said:
Wouldnt a periapat of wisdom +2 be more useful than gloves of dexterity. Besides giving me the ac bonus, it also gives me better spellcasting, or is there something I dont see. All the other stuff is being changed right now.

Periapt takes the same slot as an amulet.

Now you could make it a headband of wisdom (the slot affinity for head is mental enhancement) but I didn't want to suggest you get into custom magic items.

Also I suggested the + to Dex item because clerics don't have access to cat's grace (and that used to be relevant). But in the end you are correct, if you can get around the same slot issue, then I too would take the periapt over the gloves.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Endur: The write up for Paragon looks good, I just got the opportunity to look in Arcana Evolved and Warmain looks fine with me.

Azaar: I'm going to have to say no to the "Soulknife Fix", it just seems a little too good.

Shayuri: The changeling racial substitution levels are fine.

JonnyFive: There are still slots open, Pixie Fighter/ Rogue is cool.

Wrahn: A few issues, you wouldn't be the first Warmind, but you could very well be the author of the new texts as the first ones were consumed in the Fall of the Elders.

Dracomeander

First Post
I haven't forgotten about my interest in this game (my post is way back towards the beginning of the first page). I hope I can still get in without my concept stepping on anyone else's niche.

What I am looking at is Conrad Jaeger the Implaccable. He will be an Urban Ranger 4 Bloodhound 6 / Psion (Nomad) 10. His psionics are the edge he has to provide that something extra that makes him the superlative huntsman / criminal retriever that he is.

Right now I am looking at either making him as a Human or an Elan from the XPH. Suggestions and reasons why are appreciated as I will be building the framework to handle either race choice.

Last edited:

Azaar

Explorer
Fair enough. I wasn't certain if it would fly or not, myself, so I figured better safe than sorry.

Okay... I've come up with a rough draft for a final character concept. I'm probably gonna need a little help on it, though, to make certain I have all the mechanics right: I'll refresh myself with the stuff Pyrex posted when I asked about the template stuff earlier in the thread, but I'm still not entirely certain I have it completely down pat. I'll try working up a character sheet, in the meantime, and post it once I'm done.

Warlock 1 / Half-Vampire Rogue 1
Warlock 2 / Half-Vampire (LA)
Warlock 3 / Half-Vampire (LA)
Warlock 4 / Soulknife 1
Warlock 5 / Fighter 1
Warlock 6 / Soulknife 2
Warlock 7 / Rogue 2
Warlock 8 / Soulknife 3
Warlock 9 / Rogue 3
Warlock 10 / Soulknife 4

* Half-Vampire template is from Libris Mortis, pp. 107-108.

Illuvia Kollarin had unwittingly been seduced by a vampire and fed upon, yet was not killed. Illuvia was a sorceress of minor repute, with ambition to become someone of great power and importance. When she discovered she was somehow pregnant by the vampire, Illuvia decided to offer the unborn child as a sacrifice to abyssal forces in exchange for greater power.

Tarris Kollarin was born nine months later, and ten days after his birth, Illuvia began the ceremony that would allow her to sacrifice her child to the Abyss to keep the power she had gained through her unholy pact. A small adventuring party, however, found Illuvia as she raised the sacrificial dagger to take her own child's life, and battle ensued. Illuvia was killed, and Tarris was taken to an orphanage in a nearby city to live.

From the beginning, Tarris seemed a little... unnatural. His skin tone was paler than most, yet he carried himself in such a way that made him more striking than most other boys. Some said he could get away with almost anything, due to his charm. It was not until he reached his teenage years, however, that Tarris was befriended by an older gentleman who seemed to know much about Tarris.

This 'gentleman' was actually a warlock, a member of the adventurers who had killed Illuvia to save Tarris, and had elected to remain in the city and keep watch over him from afar. When Tarris started to exhibit certain mystical abilities, the warlock knew that something had happened during that ceremony... and that there was a mystery behind Tarris that needed solving.

It was a strange meshing of arcane magic and psionic power that seemed to mark Tarris, as well as a certain roguish streak. With the warlock's help, Tarris learned of his true heritage as a half-vampire. Shortly thereafter, however, the same vampire that had sired him through Illuvia reappeared, killing the warlock while Tarris was away; apparently, Tarris's vampire sire had also been watching his progeny from afar.

Discovering the body of his warlock friend, Tarris made a solemn vow to himself: never again would he allow the undead to roam freely and terrorize the living. He may never be truly accepted by the living, but he would fight until his dying breath to make certain the undead would never hold sway over the world.

====================================================================

In case this concept doesn't fly (which I think will be somewhat dependent upon the factors emanating from having that Half-Vampire template from Libris Mortis), I do have an alternative in mind: most likely Changeling/"Faceless" Rogue/Chameleon - Warlock, although I'm still tempted by the prospect of having Soulknife levels in there as well. I'll work up a character sheet for that character as well, just in case.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
ok here is my char, please let me know if anything is wrong.

also lord wyrm, the darkstaker feat is from the lords of madness book. if you need info on the feat just ask and i'll post it.

Code:
[size=5][color=white][b]Twilight Dawn, Pixie Rogue10 / Fighter6,Pixie4[/b][/color][/size]
[i]Small Fey, Chaotic Neutral,
Age:???, 2'3", 23, F, Sky Blue eyes, Tan skin, Black hair, Deep Violet Wings[/i]

[b]STR:[/b] 14+2(10points,-4race,+2level)
[b]DEX:[/b] 23+6( 8points,+8race,)
[b]CON:[/b] 16+3(10points,+0race)
[b]INT:[/b] 20+5( 6points,+6race)
[b]WIS:[/b] 16+3( 4points,+4race)
[b]CHA:[/b] 16+3( 2points,+6race)

[b]Hit Points:[/b] 84 / 84
[b]Hit Dice:[/b] 4d6+12,6d10+18 (84 hp)
[b]Speed:[/b] 20ft land, 60ft Fly (perfict)
[b]Initative:[/b] +6
[b]AC:[/b] 24 (+6 Armor, +6 DEX, +1 Size, +1 Natural; touch 17, flat-footed 24)
[b]BAB/Grapple:[/b] +9/+7

[b]Fort:[/b] +9 (+6 Base, +3 CON)
[b]Ref:[/b] +12 (+6 Base, +6 DEX)
[b]Will:[/b] +6 (+3 Base, +3 WIS)

[u][b]Attacks:[/b][/u]
[list][*]QuarterStaff +9 melee [i](1d6+3 x2)[/i][*]+2 seeking Greatbow (+2str) +17 ranged, 130' [i](1d10+4 19-20x3)[/i][/list]

[u][b]Attacks:[/b][/u]
[list][*]Sneak Attack +5d6[*]Trap Sense +3[*]Evation[*]Uncanny Dodge[*]Improved Uncanny Dodge[*]Crippling Strike[/list]

[u][b]Special Attacks:[/b][/u]
1/day 
[list][*]lesser confusion (DC 14)[*]dancing lights[*]detect chaos[*]detect good[*]detect evil[*]detect law[*]detect thoughts (DC 15)[*]dispel magic[*]entangle (DC 14)[*]permanent image (DC 19; visual and auditory elements only)[*]polymorph (self only)[*][i]Caster level 8th[/i][/list]

[u][b]Special Qualities:[/b][/u] 
[list][*]Damage reduction 10/cold iron[*]spell resistance (15 + class levels)[*]greater invisibility[*][i]the invisibility can be raised/droped as a free action[/i][/list]

[u][b]Skills:[/b][/u] (169 points, max ranks 13/6)
[list][*]Balance (Dex) 13 [i](5 Ranks, +6 DEX, +2 SYN)[/i][*]Bluff (Cha) 8 [i](5 Ranks, +3 CHA)[/i][*]Jump (Str) 9 [i](5 Ranks, +2 STR, +2 SYN)[/i][*]Disable Device (Int) 18 [i](13 Ranks, +5 INT)[/i][*]Gather Information (Cha) 8 [i](5 Ranks, +3 CHA)[/i][*]Hide (Dex) 23 [i](13 Ranks, +6 DEX, +4 Size)[/i][*]Listen (Wis) 18 [i](13 Ranks, +3 WIS, +2 Race)[/i][*]Move Silently (Dex) 19 [i](13 Ranks, +6 DEX)[/i][*]Open Lock (Dex) 16 [i](10 Ranks, +6 DEX)[/i][*]Perform (Oratory)(Cha) 13 [i](10 Ranks, +3 CHA)[/i][*]Search (Int) 20 [i](13 Ranks, +5 INT, +2 Race)[/i][*]Sense Motive (Wis) 13 [i](10 Ranks, +3 WIS)[/i][*]Sleight of Hand (Dex) 18 [i](10 Ranks, +6 DEX, +2 SYN)[/i][*]Spot (Wis) 18 [i](13 Ranks, +3 WIS, +2 Race)[/i][*]Tumble (Dex) 21 [i](13 Ranks, +6 DEX, +2 SYN)[/i][*]Use Magic Device (Cha) 16 [i](13 Ranks, +3 CHA)[/i][*]Use Rope (Dex) 11 [i](5 Ranks, +6 DEX)[/i][/list]

[u][b]Feats:[/b][/u] 
[list][*]Dodge[*]Weapon Finesse[*]Improved Flight[*]Point Blank[*]Precice shot[*]DarkStalker (LoM, pg179)[*]Improved Critical (greatbow)[*]exotic Weapon Prof (greatbow)[*]Weapon Focus (Greatbow)[*]Weapon Specilization (greatbow)[/list]

[u][b]Languages:[/b][/u] 
[list][*]Common[*]Sylvan[*]Auran[*]Elven[*]Gnome[*]Dwarven[*]Celestial[/list]

[u][b]Equipment:[/b][/u]
[list][*]52gp, 180x10gp pearls[*]+2 seeking Composit Greatbow(+2)[i](18,900gp, 6lbs.)[/i][*]Composit Greatbow (+2)[i](900gp, 6lb)[/i][*]QuarterStaff[i](-gp, 4lbs.)[/i][*]QuarterStaff[i](-gp, 4lbs.)[/i][*]Dagger [i](2gp, 1lbs.)[/i][*]Bow Strings(20)[i](20gp, -lb)[/i][*]Quiver of Ehlona[i](1800gp, 2lbs.)[/i][*]Arrows (60)[i](3gp, --lbs.)[/i][*]Ring of Sustinence[i](2500gp, --lbs.)[/i][*]Goggles of the Night[i](12000gp, --lbs.)[/i][*]+2 mithiral chain shirt[i](5450gp, 6.25lbs.)[/i][*]Bag of Holding Type 2[i](5000, 25lb.)[/i][*]Travlers Outfit (3)[i](3gp, 2.5lbs.)[/i][*]Cold Weather Gear (2)[i](16gp, 3.5lbs.)[/i][*]Everburning Torch[i](220gp, --lbs.)[/i][*]MW Thieves Tools[i](100gp, 2lbs.)[/i][*]Small Steel Mirror[i](10gp, .5lbs.)[/i][*]MW Hammer[i](50gp, 1lbs.)[/i][*]MW Crowbar[i](50gp, 1lbs.)[/i][*]Rope(Silk)[i](60gp, 30lbs.)[/i][*]Grappling Hook /w Rope(Silk)[i](61gp, 34lbs.)[/i][*]Waterskin, full (4)[i](4gp, 16lbs.)[/i][*]chalk (100)[i](1gp, --lbs.)[/i][*][i]NOTES: the nonmagical bow is carried in the quiver, as is the 2 quarterstaffs.  the arrows are also in the quiver.  everything else besides the dagger is in the Bag of holding type2[/i][/list]
Total weight carried -- 42.75lbs.
Light load -- 43.5lbs., medium -- 87lbs., heavy -- 131.25lbs.

[u][b]XP:[/b][/u] 50000/55000

[u][b]Appearance:[/b][/u]
XXXXX

[u][b]Personality:[/b][/u]
XXXXX

[u][b]Background:[/b][/u]
XXXXX

[u][b]Notes:[/b][/u]
XXXXX

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
JonnyFive,

A small suggestion, instead of having a 17 Str and a 13 Dex Base, if you have a 16 Str base and a 14 dex base and put your two level advances into strength you will end up with the same stats and have 2 more points to spend on characteristics.

Endur

First Post
Latest version of my character: Human Barbarian 10/Warmain 10

ARN

Using the Bear Totem Barbarian variant from Unearthed Arcana and the Warmain class from Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed.

Lo, there do I see my father
Lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters
and my brothers
Lo, there do I see the line of my people back
to the beginning
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them
in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever...

[sblock]
ARN
Human Barbarian 10/Warmain 10
Str 18 (pointbuy 10 +2 levels)
Dex 14 (pointbuy 6)
Con 14 (pointbuy 6)
Int 14 (pointbuy 6)
Wis 14 (pointbuy 6)
Chr 14 (pointbuy 6)

BAB: +10
bull rush: +8/+10 while raging
grapple: +18/+24 while raging
sunder:

HP: 10d12 +20(con) +3 (toughness feat) +4 (sturdy feat)= (+24 while raging)

Armor Class: 10 +1 Dex +9 armor= 20 (18 while raging)

init: +2
Fort: +7 base +2 con +2 feat=+9 (+2 while raging)
Reflex: +3 base + 2 dex =+5
Will: +4 base +2 wis =+6 (+2 while raging)

feats: power attack(1st), cleave(human 1st), Improved Bull Rush(3rd), Combat Brute (6th Complete Warrior), Shock Trooper (9th Complete Warrior)
Barbarian Feats: Toughness, Improved Grapple, Great Fortitude
Warmain Feats: Weapon Focus Great Sword (2nd), Weapon Specialization Great Sword (4th), Improved Sunder (6th), Great Cleave (10th)

Warmain: Feats as above. Sturdy at first level (+x2 con bonus hit points). Crushing Blow 1/day at 8th level (one attack a day is an automatic critical if it hits)

Bear Totem Barbarian
Give up Fast Movement, Uncanny Dodge, Trap Sense, and Improved Uncanny Dodge.
Receive instead: Toughness, Improved Grapple, Great Fortitude, and +4 bonus on grapple checks while raging.

Equipment (49,000 gp total):
Viking Long Ship: 10,000 gp
Horses: ? gp
Gear: ? gp
+1 Adamantine Great Sword: 5050gp
+1 Full plate: 2650 gp

Great Sword: +16 to hit, 2d6 + 9 damage (while raging +2 to hit, +3 to damage)

Typical combat sequence (cleaving when foes fall):
When Charging:
Charge enemy: power attack -10 to ac, +20 to damage
2nd round Full attack: power attack: -10 to hit, +30 to damage
3rd and subsequent rounds full attack: power attack: -10 to hit, +20 to damage

If charged:
full attack: power attack: -10 to hit, +20 to damage

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads