• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for Monster Madness (3.5)

my bad i forgot who's characters where whos for a moment
geogater yes your in, yes you're the mark, unless there's a different post by tomorrow
bailaska , yes you're in, yes you're a blade
right now i'm looking more for back story and concept rather then hard stats or game mechanics
rayex/walking dad i don't see any thing wrong with the stats but i do want a description of the character and their motivations, rayex what material are your ofudas made from?

reveille/jemal while you have stated what you want to play i haven't seen concepts or stats

tomorrow evening my time i will be posting the final party list and unless i see some more fleshed out charaters i'll run it with what i got. i don't want this to be one of those games that the reqruting goes on for ever and every one losses intrest

...that and i really, really want to run this now

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Okay well I may have missed the deadline, but you never know...

I would like to propose a Whisper Gnome Rogue 1/ Druid 2 by the name of Durgle Pilfer (from long line of healers honest, a pill fer you, a pill fer you...). Durgle fled to the wilderness to escape his controlling wife and her extended family, and in particular his own 13 children. In short he is a horrible self interested little so and so who is nevertheless genial and useful to have around. Durgle likes to laugh at the little things in life, generally other peoples misfortunes, but at a pinch he can be counted upon - if hes still there at least.

"Hur, hur, fall over didja?"

Eventually I would like to move into the Complete Adventurer Daggerspell Shaper Prestiege class mainly as I have never seen it used and am hugely intrigued by it. I would love for Durgle to have a Dinosaur animal companion, probably the Swindlespitter from the MM3 - which is a first level companion, but would not have much of a problem changeing this.

Are flaws from Unearthed Arcana acceptable?

Well let me know!

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Ok, here's the completed I'kee (I think he's completed anyway!)

[sblock=I'kee]
I'kee

Male Human Shugenja

Alignment: Neutral
Size: Medium
Type: Humanoid
Base Speed:
Space: 5ft.
Reach: 5ft.

Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 14 (+2)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 18 (+4)

HP: 23 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1649080/The reroll on the 1

AC: 14 / 14 / 13

Saves:
Fortitude: +3 (1base + 2con)
Reflex: +4 (1base + 3dex)
Will: +4 (3base + 1wis)

Init: +3

Base attack bonus: +1

Attack:
Wakiza-shi: +2, 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2

Spells:
Order: Order of the Gentle Rain
CL: 3
DC: 10 + spell level + 4cha + 1for all Water Elemental spells.
Spells per Day: 6/6
Spells Known: 0+3+2/0+2+1
0: Cure Minor wounds + Create Water, Detect Poison, Purify Food and Drink + Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
1: Cure Light Wounds + Bless, Obscuring Mist + Sanctuary

Skills:
Skill points: 42
Max Skill Ranks: 6
Concentration +8 [6ranks + 2con]
Diplomacy +10 [6ranks + 4cha]
Heal +7 [6ranks + 1wis]
Knowledge (Religion) +8 [6ranks + 2int]
Knowledge (History) +8 [6ranks + 2int]
Knowledge (The Planes) +8 [6ranks + 2int]
Spellcraft +8 [6ranks + 2int]

Feats:
Human Bonus - Combat Casting
Lvl 1 - Augment Healing
Lvl 3 - Toughness

Languages:
Common

Equipment:
Wakiza-shi (MW shortsword) [310gp]
Bracers of Armor [1,000gp]
Wand of Cure Light Wounds [750gp]
Wand of Magic Missile (1st) [750gp]
Potion of Cure Cure Light Wounds x5 [250gp]
Potion of Remove Fear x2 [100gp]
Potion of Invisibility [300gp]

Basic Adventuring gear (backpack etc) [10gp]

Proficiencies:
Simple Weapon
Short Sword

Class Features:
Elemental Focus: Water
Sense Elements.

Info:
Being an avid student under Master Coru'shita, I'kee loved his life. The knowledge he had access to in the libraries, the knowledge he would eventually posess, it was his passion. His skills with the gentler part of the elements, the Water element, was promising and he worked hard at improving. It all fell apart when I'kee and his best friend, Miko'sun played a prank on one of the masters. They had no intention of setting the old man on fire, but carelessness had made events unfold in an unfortunate way. The old masters wrath terrified I'kee, and in fear of punishment decided to run away.
He traveled for some time with a merchant train, working as a healer for any injuries that might happen. Few as they were, he had close to no chance of practicing his skills. That's when he heard of The Guild. Thinking it would be a nice chance to be of use, and also being able to keep on working with the elements, he enlisted.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

rayex looks good, for refeence i'll use toughness as +1 per level, and you forgot to add your con mod to hit dice by the way
also out to every one it is posible to have invisible castle reroll one i for got to mention this earlier

halford- to day was the deadline but i'll get to that in a moment, since rayex posted his character we already have a designated healer, but as a druid you could focus more on combat espesialy if your going for dager spell shaper, i prefer dagger spell mage myself, or you have the skill set you could go for a hunter's position, you would just need track, as to flaws i would rather you not. depending what you take it's just a bonus feat since there are ways to work around them

every one i'll put up the rogues gallery today but i'll keep reqrutment open till sunday but gaming still starts monday

Rayex

First Post
rayex looks good, for refeence i'll use toughness as +1 per level, and you forgot to add your con mod to hit dice by the way
also out to every one it is posible to have invisible castle reroll one i for got to mention this earlier

thanks! Went from 13 to 23 HP now, thats nice! :p

OutlawJT

First Post
If it's not too late.......

Niski: Bhuka(sandstorm race) Ranger 2/Whirling Frenzy(unearthed arcana rage variant) Barbarian 1

Niski (meaning rattlesnake in his native tongue) is not his real name. Unfortunately, he doesn't remember his real name. About two year's ago he awoke in the midst of the wreckage of a desert caravan. Much to his dismay he had no memory of how he got there or who he was. It was miraculous enough that he survived whatever had hit the caravan as he was the only person left amidst it's ruin, half buried under a desert wagon with a severe head injury. He searched and searched but was unable to find anyone else who was in the caravan. Whatever had attacked it had left behind no bodies and he couldn't find tracks of his people or their assailant leading away. Any sign of whatever happened was washed away by the shifting sands of the desert during the several days he estimated he was unconscious under the crushed wagon. He wandered the desert for weeks before meeting anyone when he stumbled into a meeting between two desert caravans. Seeing that one was trying to bully the other he stepped in and announced that if they persisted in trying to take advantage of the weaker caravan he would teach them the consequences of unfair trade. It sparked a brief argument in which he slowly started raising his voice. After less than a minute he simply stated, "Alright, but remember I warned you." and suddenly lashed out with the twin blades he had salvaged from the scene of his awakening. He cut down the thuggish representative from the aggressive caravan and the two caravans swiftly resumed negotiations for trade with much fairer terms. Afterwards the leader of the caravan he had helped said to him. "You are just like the rattlesnake. Warning your prey with a slowly rising rattle before striking, swift and precise." Thinking on that and unable to recall his real name, when they asked for his name he called up the word for rattlesnake in his native tongue and simply replied 'Niski'. He has gone by that name ever since. He wandered the desert for almost a year in search of who he was but eventually he gave up hope of ever finding sign of his past. When he did that he signed on as a guard for a merchant caravan he found crossing the desert. The caravan led him to the guild who were impressed by his service to their trading partners and asked if he would be interested in joining them. As the person who was attempting to recruit him and Niski was a shameful but harmless flirt. As a person he has a strong sense of right and is always quick to intervene when he witnesses any acts of bullying. He always tries to defuse such situations peacefully but tends to strike suddenly if he feels a peaceful resolution is unlikely. He is a shameless flirt who is for reasons beyond his comprehension greatly attracted to humanoid female members of races other than his own. He suspects it is derived from the combination of his lack of memory of anyone of his own race and a latent buried need to connect to someone to fill the void left by losing his memory and whatever life he left behind somewhere lost in the desert.

outlaw- story fits, i'll have to look up the stats on your race and rage but for now it looks like your in, we still need a hunter and it looks like your most suited for the role
as it stands right now this is the party

hunter- outlaw?
mark - geogator
blades- bialaska melee, rayex healer, halford, melee?/back uphealer?, walking dad melee(sorry i missed your edit to your post untill now)

did i make any mistakes this go around

jemal i haven't seen any thing else from you, same to reveille tomorrow the first post will be up in playing the game and i will put up the rogues gallery now

OutlawJT

First Post
I have no problem filling the Hunter role for the party. I'll get my full sheet up in the rogue's gallery late tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Remove ads