(RECRUITING) [GO] A Game of Opposites (RECRUITING)

maddmic

Explorer
I would like to be in as a hero depending on what level we're talking about. And since I'm new to this board, I would have to ask this is D&D 3rd, correct?

Timothy

First Post
Well, yes Perivas, that is indeed the greatest obstacle to overcome. Also, having more monsters then heroes means the heroes have to be even higher level.

Maybe some rules will be rquired for the monsters, to avaoid them all hanging back in one great, very well defended room.
It's my goal to have succes or failure hang from preparation and tactics rather then character level. This would be best accomplished with first level characters and monsters, but since I want the monsters to have considerable resources for lair-making, that is not possible. But once the monster type is decided, I'll let the heroes know what level char they will make.

Player list up to know:

Heroes:
GWolf
Maddmic (yes, 3e, level will be around 10 or higher, depending on the monsters and welcome to the boards.)
Poto Knezer
Redstrm (I put you in the hero section, so that we have a bit of a balance)
Jemal

Monsters:
Wippit Guud
Perivas
Leopold
Arwel
Guilt Puppy
Hygric
Janos

I now have more than the minimum players I need, So I'll start up the threads.

They will be:
[GO:H] A Game of Opposites: Heroes.
[GO:V] A Game of Opposites: Villains.

You are NOT allowed to check on the other thread. So if you're a hero, stay out of the villain thread and vice versa.

I will handle the seperate game mechanics in the seperate threads.

This will become the Combined OOC thread, and will remain the recruitment thread for a bit longer.

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
Ok, cool. When/where do I submit my character? Also what books or setting do I use? I just need to know just in case I decide to find a deity and for feat choosing purposes. Also, not to jump the gun, but I'm guessing that we're doing a point buy system as well?

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Any spots left for lil ol me? I just posted to your villains thread not knowing about this one, so ignore that post. I notice you're good guys are outnumbered. Care to let me even the odds? I'm full of chewy goodness.

I'm curious to see how many of his games last long and if any gets any decent plot or action or devellopment. I don't believe they'll find that much dedication since they are just so many. So very little dedication from the DM.. hurts the game IMHO. Seen it happen all the time but Maybe Timothy will prove me wrong :D I'll be watching this with interest :p

Timothy

First Post
TFO, If you read some of my game descriptions, you'll notice that I say I am an improvising DM, with a plot that will be developped by the players most of the time. In the case of the game of gods, I've got a the near future planned out as well as the basics for further missions, but I do not jump ahead a lot because of some very interesting in character dialogue. The Other game that requires a lot of development is A game of politics, and I will take the time to do that.

With a Game of elves I've (with the help of my players, and major help with the magic system) a new D20 system.
The Game of children focusses more on the reactions of the children and how they deal with disasters. I've got plans for them as well.
And my game of improvising is just that, I'll improvise on the players actions, so that the plot will make itself.

So I hope to prove you wrong.

Maddmic, character rules will have to be determined yet. I'll go for a point buy system, and allow most books that I have acces too. And any other books if you really want. The books that I use for character creation are:
The Core books
The splat Books
Dragon (only the 3rd edition ones, maybe some others for ideas)and the Forgotten reams campaign setting.

Jemal and Janos, I'll list you too.

Remove ads