• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
No, no VP is definitely brief, it only took 2 RL days to get most people together. I tried looking at one of your earlier games and it was many many pages of sblocks.

Yeah Sturdy = 2*con bonus on top of the regular 1d12+con you get for being a warmain.
Did they change that in AE? Because my AE book is away, but my AU book says under Sturdy "She adds double her Constitution modifier (rather than just her Constitution modifier)" which seems to me that you should only be increasing 12+con to 12+2*con instead of 12+3*con. At least that's the way we've always played it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Lord Wyrm said:
I only kept the Dex as a holdover from standard elf, I arrived upon Cha penalty because:
The elf is from a warrior culture where hefting an axe is highly important.
Only the physically tough survived exposure to the environs.
The vikings valued cleverness and reasoning as much as skill with the bow and sword hence a lack of either probably would of gotten the kid left in the snow or used on the initial wave against a heavily defended stronghold.

I believe dropping the Ability adjusts would be the best alternative. On the other hand we could make the adjusts +2 Str, +2 Dex and add bonus skill points to make it worth +1 adjust.
What do you think?
When you say 'make it worth the +1 adjust' do you mean Level Adjustment? If so, I'm willing to work out giving them a little bit more even for a Level Adjustment (although what you'd do is start out with a level in your class ans some racial abilities and then take level 2 as the LA level and get all the others). Otherwise, having no stat mods is cool too :)

Erekose13

Explorer
AE said:
Sturdy [General]
You are particularly hardy and tough.
Benefit: For the level when the character takes this feat, she
adds double her Constitution bonus to her hit point total. This
is in addition to the bonus she would get for her Constitution
modifier when she gains a level. If double her Constitution
bonus is less than 4, she gains 4 hp. This effect happens once,
not every level.
For example, if a 3rd-level warmain with 22 hit points and a
+3 Constitution bonus takes this feat, she gains 6 additional hit
points in addition to the 1d12+3 she normally would gain for the
level. So, if she rolled a 7, her new total would be 38 hp (22 + 7
+ 3 + 6).
Special: A character may gain this feat multiple times, but
never more than once per level.
Improved: Characters with a base attack bonus of +18 or
higher taking this feat a subsequent time add +20 hit points,
unless the feat’s normal calculation would yield more bonus hit
points than that.

There's cut and pasted from the AE book. The AU one was kind of vague and caused many questions on the boards.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
I'm thinking no ability adjustments, a matter of personal preference.

The updated version would then be:
[sblock]"Viking" Elf
Humanoid (Extraplanar, Elf)
No ability adjustments.
Medium size.
An elf’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
Low-light vision.
Weapon Proficiency: Elves are automatically proficient with the longsword, battleaxe, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
+2 racial bonus to Survival checks.
Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan.
Favored Class: Ranger

Changes in Green
[/sblock]

I think I may include these in my campaign world. Norse Elves and Saxon Orcs :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Lord Wyrm said:
I'm thinking no ability adjustments, a matter of personal preference.

The updated version would then be:
[sblock]"Viking" Elf
Humanoid (Extraplanar, Elf)
No ability adjustments.
Medium size.
An elf’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
Low-light vision.
Weapon Proficiency: Elves are automatically proficient with the longsword, battleaxe, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
+2 racial bonus to Survival checks.
Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan.
Favored Class: Ranger

Changes in Green
[/sblock]

I think I may include these in my campaign world. Norse Elves and Saxon Orcs :D
Cool, works for me. Ah, yes, Saxons. Brings back fond memories of my face-to-face running of my Post-Arthurian campaign. Lots of Saxons :D

Lord Wyrm

First Post
It would explain why the Vikings are always raiding England later on. Now its no longer different religions, its actively opposed religions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads