• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting: Naruto D20 game on IRC (3 more needed)

Kularian

First Post
All right, I'll admit that I'm confused on this detail.

The wealth system of d20 modern makes sense for the most part...but I'm not certain if my character can acquire a certain item. It's got a fairly high cost, and a +2 restriction on it. Can my character, as a genin, acquire it? Just wondering...

Oh, the item is the Zanbatou, btw. Just for clarification purposes. Big swords ftw! :D

Wrath

First Post
The awnser to that is yes, but its gunna hurt....

First off, buy everything else you want first, remember anything over 15 wealth lowers your wealth by 1.

Next, buy this sword... now lets assume your wealth is at say.... 13. Now the sword has a Purchase DC of 17 + 2 (for getting it without said res licese, i'm letting spelling go atm cos its late where i am).

19 verse 13 means that your wealth will be lowered by 1, but you can still buy the sword.

All good and happyness for all!

*having just thought about the sword* Holy heck you can do up to 24 damage + 1.5 strength in one hit with that thing! You shall we be hard to beat in the Chunin exams... oh well... there is a saying among ninja, if you can't beat them, kill them in there sleep.

Last edited:

phoatu

First Post
You forget a few rules: If you buy something that is 1-9 points higher than your wealth; you suffer 1 pt. loss to wealth. If it is 10+ higher, then its 1d6(something like that)

So, if you, with a wealth of 12, buy something of a purchase DC of 15... it goes down one point for already being higher than 12 (your wealth) and another point for it being at least 15. These things stack.... which sucks.

As for licenses... if you have the license; you don't need to add to the DC. But if you don't you add the full DC adjustment. All Genin have the Lic license; but do not have Res. or Mil. And of course, Ill. is beyond them.

BTW; Kularian, you may wanna get on AIM or MSN and contact me. I prefer talking to players/would-be players real time. PM or forum tangos aren't my thing.

AIM: ph0atu
MSN: phoatu2@hotmail.com

(as a side note; why can't greatswords suffice? XD! They require less leats and impose less penalties and should have been zanbatous in the first place (IMO))

Also: We are looking for a fourth GM. We have enough Players for a fourth Cell (leaf) but we lack someone who would want to GM.

Wrath

First Post
zanbatous's are bigger and hence cooler, plus he's really not compensating for anything... :uhoh:

Kularian, once you get on msn you should meet with your Jounin they can work wonders with your background and history and help you work out your jutsus.

phoatu

First Post
One major disadvantage: you can't attack anything adjacent to you. It's a reach weapon~ Alot of people don't remember that.

Wrath

First Post
Ah... that makes sense...

Kularian, i suppose you'v contacted your Jounin by now?

Is anyone else interested in joining?

Kularian

First Post
Eh, kinda. Phoatu put the three of us in conversation for about fifteen minutes or so. *shrug* Not all that much interesting happened, though. I decided against the Zanbatou, due to the reach weapon specifics. My new character should be fairly entertaining, though.

Remove ads