[RECRUITING! - Old School Mash-Up] The City of the Sleeping Demon OOC

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Accumulated resistance is "to a certain substance (chemicals or radiation, for instance), or concentrated form of energy (such as heat, cold, or light) in the mutant’s environment". You pick, and I make sure it's relevant. As for how the canned foods open, I'm easy. :)

doghead

thotd
Well, that looks like a green light from EW for a two player game.

I shall do the same and finish up the character for presentation soon.

thotd

doghead

thotd
Well, that looks like a green light from EW for a two player game.

I shall do the same and finish up the character for presentation soon.

thotd

doghead

thotd
Character Draft

"Who am I?

"I am myself. This answer I know to be true.

"We spiders are not social creatures. We have no need of mechanisms to differentiate ourselves from others of our kind; we have no need of names nor titles nor family suffixes. We do not have 'childhoods'. I do not remember my mother. I certainly never met my father. I came out of the sack with my scores of siblings. If we spoke at all I do not recall it. We stayed there long enough to feed before dispersing.

"We generally avoid others of our kind; unless it is to fight, or mate. Fighting I can tell you a little about. But for mating, well it will be a few years before I have to concern myself with that.

"But am I really a spider?

"Certainly I am much bigger than the spiders that existed before you humans ruined the world you had been gifted. But now, there are many spiders of my size. They do not spend time thinking on what they are. But should they be capable of formulating the thought, I think that they would be justified in considering themselves to be real spiders.

"Which means, I should be as well.

"It is not my size that makes me wonder what I am. It is my ability to wonder what I am that makes me wonder what I am. That and a few other eccentricities of my biology. I can see you in darkness of my own making. I can boil the blood in your veins, or the water in a pot for some tea, depending on my mood at the time.

"So I lived for a while, in the wild, wreaking havoc and wondering. Until I met an man who introduced me to another, who was not a man nor even a creature of this world. She gave me an answer despite the fact I am incapable of shedding tears. He gave me a name.

"You can call me Attila."

[sblock=Mechanics]Attila, Mutant Animal (Giant Spider) Cleric of Droainon, the Goddess of Water and Sorrow.

STR: 07 +1 08
DEX: 14 -- 14
CON: 03 -> 14
INT: 15 -1 14
WIS: 12 -- 12
CHA: 10 -- 10

HD: 1 (6)
Attack: 1d6 (Bite/Claw)
Armour Class: 6 [13]
Saving Throw: 14 (+2 vs poison and paralysis)
Movement: 18

Level: 1
XP: ????
XP for next level: 2000
Cleric Ability: Turn Undead
Spells: -/-/-/-/

Physical Mutations
[15] Echolocation (Range 90ft, +2 To Hit)
[58] Albinism (-2 To Hit in bright light)

Mental Mutations
[18] Control Light Waves (Invisibility, Create Darkness (10/30ft)
[09] Ancestral Form
[82] Temp Control (heat)
[04] Accumulated Resistance (heat)

Money
* 83 gp

Equipment
* Equipment harness
* * Tin pot (1gp)
* * Some Tea (5gp)
* * Water-skin (1gp)

Artifacts
[4] Foodstuff and Junk [09] Cans of Food (17)
[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Some more random thoughts and ideas

I don't really see Attila as an equipment/weapon user. Rather I like the idea of her growing into new abilities as she matures (levels). A form of paralysis poison that increases in potency for example. Did you know that some tarantulas have a dense covering of irritating hairs called urticating hairs, on the opisthosoma, that they sometimes use as protection against enemies? Species with urticating hairs can kick these hairs off: they are flicked into the air at a target using their back pairs of legs. These hairs are barbed and can be lethal to small creatures. They can also be used to mark territory. Thats pretty cool (and gross at the same time). Is this an option, or should I just put it out of mind?

Do you plan to keep the anachronistic nod to Judeo-Christianity that is the prohibition on clerics using cutting and piercing weapons? Its not a big deal for the character, it just annoys the %^&* out of me because it so, well, anachronistic. Hmmm ...

The nature of Attila's mutations have brought her to the attention of Seskoe, the Goddess of Winter, Witches, and Creation. Due to her snow white colour, her ability to create and operate in darkness, and her ability to manipulate temperature while resisting its effects, the followers of Seskoe believe Attila to be an avatar of their Goddess. And she is a spider. Witches love spiders. The fact that Attila's abilities involve heat they see as evidence of corruption of her true nature which, with Seskoe's assistance, they will purify. I was thinking that Attila is aware of Seskoe's interest in her, but is not fully aware of her intentions. To what extent Attila has had run in with the followers of Seskoe I thought I would let you decide.

Right then, thats enough for me for the moment I think. I'll check back in later.

thotd

Electric Wizard

First Post
Rough draft of Wing, the little green warrior who can bounce back from just about anything. He also has a grenade launcher!

Wing, Mutant Human. Fighter 1

STR 14 [+1 bonus to melee attacks and damage] (Stocky)
DEX 14 [+1 bonus to ranged attacks, armor class. +1 parrying ability] (Handy)
CON 12 [0] (Stubborn)
INT 9 [1 language] (Forgetful)
WIS 8 [No bonuses] (Impulsive)
CHA 13 [Up to 5 hirelings] (Willful)

Hit Dice: 1 (8 hit points)

Armor Class: 4 (15)

Attack: 1d8+2 (Battle axe wielded 2-handed), 1d6+1 (heavy crossbow), ??? (grenade launcher)

Saving Throw: 14

Physical Mutations (3): Dwarfism (3’ tall), Epidermal Photosynthesis, Chameleon Epidermis

Mental Mutations (3): Force Screen, Mental Barrier, Acute Hyper Healing

Equipment:
Grenade launcher, fire axe (battle axe), heavy crossbow, 20 heavy bolts, dagger
Ring mail
Backpack (Contains 50’ hemp rope, flint and steel, 4 days rations, 5 torches, iron spike, hammer)
Waterskin
Bedroll

21 gp, 2 sp

doghead

thotd
It is going to be interesting to see how the two characters combine. While Attila dislikes bright light due to her Albinism, Wing is slowed by darkness. Fortunately neither handicap is crippling.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

thotd

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sorry for the hold up. Was laid up Friday through Sunday with a yucky cold. Just now getting back into the swing of things. I'm looking to start the game on 1 February. :)

Remove ads